This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I need help

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
1 month ago#1
I need help and I don't know who or what to ask. I don't have a religious background and the Bible is too difficult for me to read and comprehend. I'm not happy and I think there is a bad person inside of me. My life has completely fallen apart and I think my empathy is broken, it doesn't work properly. Religion is... strange(really really really mean no offence, I just lack a better word.) to me. I say mean things sometimes and I don't know how to care. I'm rotten inside and I don't know how to fix it, or if it can be fixed at all.

User Info: theSMITHS

theSMITHS
1 month ago#2
There are "study" editions of the Bible (with commentary). I read the Catholic (New American) version. I pray before reading that the Holy Spirit helps me interpret scripture. Maybe you're feeling the Yetzer Ra inside you.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 month ago#3
Sounds like in addition to looking into religion, you could maybe also benefit from talking to a mental health professional of some sort. Probably start with a therapist, and they'd be able to tell you the best way forward from there.

On the religion front, you mentioned the bible, but I wouldn't necessarily limit yourself to looking at Christianity. It's just one view among many, and if it doesn't make sense to you there's no real need to try to fit a square peg into a round hole.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 month ago#4
People who are genuinely broken in the way you mean don't care about being bad. It doesn't make them unhappy. If you care, you're probably a good person who gets impatient, angry, lashes out when hurt, or whatever--like the rest of us.

Therapist is a good idea. You might also talk to a doc. When I lash out at people, it's almost always because of my anxiety. Doesn't make it okay, just know there are sometimes causes for extreme/mean behavior--causes that can be fixed/changed.

Also try to go out and talk to people. Maybe at a church, sure. But just get out and volunteer or do things for/with people. People need people, and doing things for people is a great way to make connections and feel good about yourself.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I need help
  • Topic Closed