This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person's game?

User Info: GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
3 months ago#1
Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person’s game?

Nothing that I know of, other than personal renderings or hear say, has ever been produced or provide to show the existence of a supernatural realm or entities. The ancients did not seem to think the supernatural was a reality. https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

No entity, good or evil, have ever manifested itself in a provable way, even though some think god is Omni-present and that Satan was given the ability and power to deceive us all.

I think that those who believe in supernatural entities are being taken advantage of by fraudulent preachers who recognize our propensity of over imagination, which we all have, as shown in the Princess Alice experiments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWx_uVDh4Cw

I can see some benefits in imaginary thinking to validate or refute ideas but that is about it.

Is belief or faith in the supernatural a worthy idea for us or is it a tool used by lying preachers intent on fleecing sheeple?

If there is no supernatural god, should we not seek a human leader or spiritual guide instead of idolizing imaginary supernatural gods that are demonstrably less moral than humans?

Regards
DL
(message deleted)

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#3
It's funny, you can be tracked all over the web, even under different usernames, by just copying and pasting that "bigthink.com" link you always use, or even easier, your signature. I suppose that's the point of a signature.

I also found this:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287817

I was curious about what "wrongplanet" was, so I scrolled to the very bottom and clicked on the "about wrong planet" link. Interesting.

User Info: sutree

sutree
3 months ago#4
OrangeWizard posted...
I was curious about what "wrongplanet" was, so I scrolled to the very bottom and clicked on the "about wrong planet" link. Interesting.

lol
It's just that bird law in this country-- it's not governed by reason

User Info: bfslick50

bfslick50
3 months ago#5
GnosticBishop posted...
If there is no supernatural god, should we not seek a human leader or spiritual guide instead of idolizing imaginary supernatural gods that are demonstrably less moral than humans?

The old testament god has his flaws and the Church that followed from Jesus certainly has a history of persecuting others, but if we just look at Jesus and his message of love. We should set high goals for ourselves. Not aim to be a good person or as good as our Earthly spiritual advisor, but aim to be perfect like Jesus.
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama

GnosticBishop
3 months ago#6
OrangeWizard posted...
It's funny, you can be tracked all over the web, even under different usernames, by just copying and pasting that "bigthink.com" link you always use, or even easier, your signature. I suppose that's the point of a signature.

I also found this:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287817

Thanks for showing that you are one of my groupies and have a small mind that ignores issues.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
3 months ago#7
bfslick50 posted...
GnosticBishop posted...

The old testament god has his flaws and the Church that followed from Jesus certainly has a history of persecuting others, but if we just look at Jesus and his message of love. We should set high goals for ourselves. Not aim to be a good person or as good as our Earthly spiritual advisor, but aim to be perfect like Jesus.

Jesus was far from perfect given some of the immoral tenets that the scribes put into his mouth.

I often as Christians to look at those immoral tenets and they always run away.

If you are not a coward, and care to engage, let's look at his no divorce for women policy and his substitutional punishment policy.

There are a number of Jesus' other tenets that are immoral but that will get us started.

That was the Rome created Jesus I was speaking of and dislike. The more Eastern mystic Jesus whose advice I follow is quite moral though, and I also argue for his words and ways.

Regards
DL

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#8
GnosticBishop posted...
Jesus was far from perfect given some of the immoral tenets that the scribes put into his mouth.

If you are not a coward, and care to engage, let's look at his no divorce for women policy and his substitutional punishment policy.

Oh, so you want to talk about Jesus do you? I believe that Elanor Roosevelt said something about discussing people. What was it? Hmm..

GnosticBishop
3 months ago#9
OrangeWizard posted...
GnosticBishop posted...

Oh, so you want to talk about Jesus do you? I believe that Elanor Roosevelt said something about discussing people. What was it? Hmm..

That is why I do not talk much of Jesus and focus on his moral tenets.

You have some reading retention to work on to stay on topic buddy.

Regards
DL

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#10
I must need to, because I can't figure out what the topic actually is. Is it whether or not belief in the supernatural can be justified, or is it about "Jesus' immoral tenets"?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person's game?
  • Topic Archived