This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Anyone else find it more difficult to be a Christian in America...

User Info: iwasapoetonce

iwasapoetonce
1 month ago#11
OrangeWizard posted...

By who?

By Christian standards. Or more specifically, biblical standards.
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#12
iwasapoetonce posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

By who?

If you think that a person can't, then you must have a very bleak and depressing view of the bible.

The answer is yes. Such a religion wouldn't be able to sustain itself if nobody could practically do it.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: lydiaquayle

lydiaquayle
1 month ago#13
zinformant posted...
2. Jesus lived nomadically within a godless world.

WTF are you talking about? Everyone believed in some kind of God back then.
[Feminist][CisGender][Straight Supporter][Non-Binary]
I'm not Ashamed to Dress 'like a Woman' because I don't think it's Shameful to be a Woman. ~Iggy Pop~

User Info: AcFan87

AcFan87
1 month ago#14
I'm Christian and I don't think its particularly difficult to be a Christian here in America, I think its far more difficult to be a Trump supporter. At the same time though, I don't care what people think of me or my beliefs, that's THEIR problem not mine.

User Info: xenoswug

xenoswug
1 month ago#15
OrangeWizard posted...
iwasapoetonce posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

By who?

If you think that a person can't, then you must have a very bleak and depressing view of the bible.

The answer is yes. Such a religion wouldn't be able to sustain itself if nobody could practically do it.

I think what's at stake here isn't the physical capability to uphold the religion in a secular society. The question I asked, and am concerned about on behalf of my fellow Christians, is "Is it more difficult to be a [real] Christian in America?"

I believe the answer is yes. As @dhalsimrocks stated in his opening reply, there is simply lots more to do/sacrifices to make in order to reach something that is compatible with Christian life (although he is an atheist).

I honestly feel as though American Christianity has the unique experience of knowing what it must've felt like to be a follower of Jesus in the heart of Rome. Simply claiming that Jesus is Lord (in a meaningful sense) is controversial enough to political entities. Living by it is a whole 'nuther level!

Every day I find something that I love being tarnished by what I'd call "sin," and am finding it increasingly difficult to partake in leisurely activities on principle of my faith.

User Info: xenoswug

xenoswug
1 month ago#16
AcFan87 posted...
I'm Christian and I don't think its particularly difficult to be a Christian here in America, I think its far more difficult to be a Trump supporter. At the same time though, I don't care what people think of me or my beliefs, that's THEIR problem not mine.

I'm VERY curious about your first sentence. Elaborate?

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 month ago#17
AcFan87 posted...
I'm Christian and I don't think its particularly difficult to be a Christian here in America, I think its far more difficult to be a Trump supporter.

I can't imagine that this is the case in any possible world. This screams "elaborate!"

Haha.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: str8Knowledge

str8Knowledge
4 weeks ago#18
America is an unholy place.
str8Knowledge posted...
America is an unholy place.

Like at least 2/3rds of the population here are Christian. Are you saying that Christians make America unholy?

And the other 1/3rd are other religions, and a small percent are atheists, like myself.

User Info: lydiaquayle

lydiaquayle
4 weeks ago#20
Anyone else find it more difficult to be a Christian in America...

No. In fact, most people PRETEND to be Christian in America, in order to fit in more and get more benefits from society.

This explains why so many self-proclaimed Christians act like complete non-Christians.
[Feminist][CisGender][Straight Supporter][Non-Binary]
I'm not Ashamed to Dress 'like a Woman' because I don't think it's Shameful to be a Woman. ~Iggy Pop~
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Anyone else find it more difficult to be a Christian in America...