3 months ago #7
    darklao posted...
    Hutchinson90 posted...
    I’m not going to make an argument here. You appear to be someone who is well versed and cannot be swayed. However. If you are wrong, you go to hell. If I’m wrong, then nothing happens. However, if I’m right...well, those consequences seem like they should be convincing enough.

How do you square the idea of an omnibenevolent God with the idea of that God sending someone to hell for being wrong about his existence?

Or do you just pick the religion with the worst hell/best heaven and worship that God because it's all a cost/benefit analysis?

That’s not what it’s about. It isn’t about picking and choosing what you see is best. But if you study those other religions, even other branches, there are no other saviors. Everything is based on good Will and merit, karma. Jesus is about love and forgiveness. And if you as a person cannot value that alone without the fact of God or Jesus, where do you stand? Do you have faith that everything was a perfect accident in creation?

I don’t have enough faith to be a nonbeliever. Even if you can’t fully trust the words of the Bible. Christianity wasn’t created because of a bible or their several translations. Many men died for those beliefs and what they saw before they even had a bible in print.
    You don't even know my real name. I'm the f***ing lizard king.

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    darklao posted...
    Hutchinson90 posted...
    I’m not going to make an argument here. You appear to be someone who is well versed and cannot be swayed. However. If you are wrong, you go to hell. If I’m wrong, then nothing happens. However, if I’m right...well, those consequences seem like they should be convincing enough.

How do you square the idea of an omnibenevolent God with the idea of that God sending someone to hell for being wrong about his existence?

Or do you just pick the religion with the worst hell/best heaven and worship that God because it's all a cost/benefit analysis?

That’s not what it’s about. It isn’t about picking and choosing what you see is best. But if you study those other religions, even other branches, there are no other saviors. Everything is based on good Will and merit, karma. Jesus is about love and forgiveness. And if you as a person cannot value that alone without the fact of God or Jesus, where do you stand? Do you have faith that everything was a perfect accident in creation?