This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 'Kill all gays' Christian pastor is the 1st person BANNED from Ireland

User Info: ledzep3__v9

ledzep3__v9
1 month ago#51
Didn't know you were an anarchist.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#52
Is that what we're doing now? Casting derogatory labels on people instead of engaging with the argument?

Careful, I don't think you want to play this game after having declared yourself to be a proponent of censorship. Nazis were proponents of censorship. North Korea is a proponent of censorship. China is a proponent of censorship. Russia is a proponent of censorship. If you're throwing labels around, the labels that could be thrown at you could be very unflattering indeed.
I wonder if someone gets banned from a country they get a free pass to move to another country!
I want Don-Chan and Rover in Smash. P5 Morgana is so cute <3
"Unofficially" Married to: Jibanyan and morgana

User Info: ledzep3__v9

ledzep3__v9
4 weeks ago#54
OrangeWizard posted...
Is that what we're doing now? Casting derogatory labels on people instead of engaging with the argument?

Careful, I don't think you want to play this game after having declared yourself to be a proponent of censorship. Nazis were proponents of censorship. North Korea is a proponent of censorship. China is a proponent of censorship. Russia is a proponent of censorship. If you're throwing labels around, the labels that could be thrown at you could be very unflattering indeed.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being an anarchist, I just wasn't aware you were one is all. No need to flip out. Did my freedom of speech offend you? If your argument is that the government shouldn't be allowed to do things in case they abuse their power, then surely you must be against things like the police, healthcare, education, the military etc.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
4 weeks ago#55
ledzep3__v9 posted...

There's nothing inherently wrong with being an anarchist

Okay then. Back to the discussion. I believe the ball was in your court before we went off on this tangent.

OrangeWizard posted...
ledzep3__v9 posted...
The government defines it

And can we trust the government? Hitler was once "the government". Putin is currently "the government". Whoever runs China, etc

These governments have and continue to censor ideas that you hold. You'd probably be jailed or killed for your ideas or speech.

"Morally correct" indeed

EDIT: oh, I see you've now actually responded.

If your argument is that the government shouldn't be allowed to do things in case they abuse their power, then surely you must be against things like the police, healthcare, education, the military etc.

My argument is not "the government shouldn't be allowed to do things in case they abuse their power", my argument is that "the government does not define morality".

If you think that "censorship of bigots is moral" and "the government defines what a bigot is", then that's a very dangerous position to be in. Today, in Russia, "homosexual propaganda" must be censored. The Russian government defines what that is. In your view, this must be the morally correct thing to do, because the government has decided it. In your view, it's morally correct to cart off someone who says "it's ok to be gay" to prison.

Is this accurate?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 'Kill all gays' Christian pastor is the 1st person BANNED from Ireland