This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Religions don't kill people

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
1 month ago#1
People kill people.

I mean this unironically, though. It’s a phrase associated with guns but as much as I think guns are lame and they shouldn’t exist, it is true about them as well— the vast majority of gun owners today obviously aren’t murderers (edit: well maybe they are considering war and including other instruments of death apart from guns, but not your typical gun-owning citizen). I just don’t like guns because I don’t like machines of war.

And similarly, the vast majority of people following a religion aren’t doing any evil s***. It’s people that do bad things, not philosophies.
Sigful user.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#2
What kills people is complicated.

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 month ago#3
Thinking in terms of single individuals, you're always going to be able to make a claim that either religion made him do something, or religion didn't. It's not a very interesting way to look at things.

What you should be looking at is the whole population. If, across the whole population, religion tends to make people more likely to do bad things, or less likely to do bad things, then you can see its effect without being misled by any one particular bad/good person.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Religions don't kill people
  • Topic Closed