This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I will draw a special picture of you!

User Info: rockoperajon

rockoperajon
1 month ago#21
I know I don't post on here a whole lot, but I'm interested to see what my drawing looks like.
"We few... We happy few..." -William Shakespeare
"We band of buggered." -William the Bloody

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 month ago#22
go on then.

User Info: CrustySynapse

CrustySynapse
1 month ago#23
GnosticBishop posted...
CrustySynapse posted...
I was thinking to make every picture in the same style, but when it came to you my inspiration moved me differently.

I have been looking for a certain picture for years but have yet to find one.

Are you up to a challenge?

If so I will speck it out for you. It might be a tough one and would likely take 3 times the time it took you to do the one in post 15.

It would be the same type of theme but with a goat and people in a complicated pose.

Regards
DL

I am gathering that you do not want your picture drawn? I have been told that I have trouble with sarcasmo, to know when people use it sometimes.
I'm a little slow.

CrustySynapse
1 month ago#24
The Hedonist, your drawing is ready. I confess, I feel I have focused too much on your username at the expense of focus on your personality. In that I feel I have failed in this picture.

https://i.imgtc.com/Ivm0TFv.jpg

Yes, you are wearing both kilt and cowboy hat. I had considered to draw a bikini woman or two holding on desperately to your exotic ride. It would have made me laugh, but also I decided that I will continue with my practice of not making drawings of that sort.
I'm a little slow.

User Info: GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#25
CrustySynapse posted...
GnosticBishop posted...
CrustySynapse posted...
I was thinking to make every picture in the same style, but when it came to you my inspiration moved me differently.

If so I will speck it out for you. It might be a tough one and would likely take 3 times the time it took you to do the one in post 15.

It would be the same type of theme but with a goat and people in a complicated pose.

Regards
DL

I am gathering that you do not want your picture drawn? I have been told that I have trouble with sarcasmo, to know when people use it sometimes.

You gather correctly as that was not what I was requesting.

I do not understand you last as I was not being sarcastic.

I was not aware that you only want to do drawings of posters.

It seems that we are not on the same page as you see negatives in what I thought was a positive request.

Thanks for the reply though.

Regards
DL

CrustySynapse
1 month ago#26
GnosticBishop posted...
CrustySynapse posted...
GnosticBishop posted...
CrustySynapse posted...

Regards
DL

You gather correctly as that was not what I was requesting.

I do not understand you last as I was not being sarcastic.

I was not aware that you only want to do drawings of posters.

It seems that we are not on the same page as you see negatives in what I thought was a positive request.

Thanks for the reply though.

Regards
DL

Hi @GnosticBishop. So is it ok if I draw what I imagine you look like? I am excited about the concept in my head. I think you will be pleased with it, I think you will agree that it fits you, but I do not like to draw people without permission. Sadly, I must decline to draw pictures involving mistreatment of ungulates.
I'm a little slow.

User Info: the_hedonist

the_hedonist
1 month ago#27
I couldn’t have asked for a better portrait. Maybe less like my actual personality, but I love everything about it. Thanks!
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word.
Just to rest upon his promise, just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

CrustySynapse
1 month ago#28
@LunaticCritic, it is your turn. I am not quite sure where ice skating entered into my vision, but it did. I am pleased with this drawing. I hope you enjoy it too. I am assuming a certain amount of familiarity with video gaming on this, a video game site.

https://i.imgtc.com/Lnn3C4z.jpg
I'm a little slow.

CrustySynapse
1 month ago#29
@rockoperajon, I am sorry: way too much of my own self has entered into your drawing. I confess, I am not very familiar with your postings on the religion board, but your username becomes almost painfully evocative for me when I try to draw it. I was not able to complete your drawing, but I offer it in its unfinished form:

https://i.imgtc.com/5mqzScU.jpg

It will come as no surprise to anyone who has followed Crusty's insane ravings that Crusty is an alternate account for another user who has not the courage to post on the religion board with his "real" account.

However, the real person behind Crusty, the real life Crusty has a little boy named Thomas, or Tommy as I call him affectionately, and he is dearly loved. He is twenty months old. And he has some special needs. Before Tommy came into my life I would occasionally listen to a record: "Tommy", by The Who. For many years I have listened to this record. But I have not listened to it since we discovered that our Tommy may have his own limitations.

When it came to drawing a picture of a person named "rockoperajon", I could not help but think of this album, "Tommy". It is one of the first rock operas, after all. So I felt brave. I turned this music on and picked up my pen and marker and began to draw a picture of Roger Daltrey singing "Tommy" at Woodstock. And I could not finish. The tears began to stream. It was beyond my capabilities. I do not know what else to say about this.

Please do not feel bad, rockoperajon. You did not mean anything against me. And also, this is just me working through painful baggage in my life that needed to be faced one way or another.

I am sorry, everyone. This was supposed to be a positive topic.
I'm a little slow.
Ha, Really like my drawing, seems really tarot-y, and really liking the black/white asymmetry on the clothing, great balance. Thanks :)

Hedonist's picture is perfect, loving the tardigrade.
"The US military is not an effective proxy for humanity" ~ Folding Ideas
Faciendere id pro RAVz
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I will draw a special picture of you!