This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Didn't God create a limited power of his omnipotent through angels?

User Info: KarsUltimate

KarsUltimate
3 months ago#11
Gndlf_the_grey posted...
Consider this:
Scientifically it would be impossible for an object to have infinite mass, except in theory if the object is travelling at the speed of light. This will then require infinite energy.
So then how do photons, with zero rest mass, experience existence at the speed of light? In theory, time and distance would be irrelevant to the photon. If we can calculate the time it takes for light from the sun to reach the earth, the photon has aged 0 and traveled distance 0??

If one of the major attributes of God is being light, not being a photon, then in theory not having zero rest mass, meaning having infinite mass, infinite energy, et al. In effect somewhat explaining omnipotent?

Somehow, I don't think that's right...

Light has a speed. It's not instantaneous like teleportation, but it represents a limit.

God is supposed to be beyond that, exceeding the known limits of reality. If we could hack the universe, we could do things like always having existed, as sure as having an instantaneous line spanning the whole universe.
"Oh glorious Mother Brain! Please save us!"

User Info: Gndlf_the_grey

Gndlf_the_grey
3 months ago#12
KarsUltimate posted...
Gndlf_the_grey posted...
Consider this:
Scientifically it would be impossible for an object to have infinite mass, except in theory if the object is travelling at the speed of light. This will then require infinite energy.
So then how do photons, with zero rest mass, experience existence at the speed of light? In theory, time and distance would be irrelevant to the photon. If we can calculate the time it takes for light from the sun to reach the earth, the photon has aged 0 and traveled distance 0??

If one of the major attributes of God is being light, not being a photon, then in theory not having zero rest mass, meaning having infinite mass, infinite energy, et al. In effect somewhat explaining omnipotent?

Somehow, I don't think that's right...

Light has a speed. It's not instantaneous like teleportation, but it represents a limit.

God is supposed to be beyond that, exceeding the known limits of reality. If we could hack the universe, we could do things like always having existed, as sure as having an instantaneous line spanning the whole universe.

I am fascinated by light and the Bible stating that God is Light. Although I do not believe it to say that God is a photon, but of a certain Light that we have no knowledge of. Yes although we can gauge the speed of light in a vacuum, there is a lot about light that we do not know. Many of it's aspects are explained in theory and not fact. Since "perceivable" light was the first thing that He created, I believe it to be the most essential part of the universe's existence. But perceivable light, by means of fact, elimination theory, or quantum theory, is very different from the Light of God. a Very telling verse is one that I read in Exodus 34:

29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him. 30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him..
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Didn't God create a limited power of his omnipotent through angels?
  • Topic Archived