This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Didn't God create a limited power of his omnipotent through angels?

User Info: Ranzoh

Ranzoh
4 months ago#1
It is once asked if God is so powerful can he limit his power and therefore no longer be omnipotent. Or is this a false premise and a logical impossibility like a married bachelor? Like the argument that questions whether an omnipotent being can create a rock with infinite weight that he can't lift it. Well how about the less powerful but immortal beings God created like angels? Eh heh heh.

User Info: Ranzoh

Ranzoh
4 months ago#2
The rock argument being impossible when based on human abilities that is and that power of God is not defined that way.

User Info: Frolfer

Frolfer
4 months ago#3
Are you asking if God somehow limited his omnipotence by the creation of angels? I don't get it. Why would the creation of angels be any different than the creation of aardvarks?
Wimoweh!

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
4 months ago#4
I have no idea what this topic is about.
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
4 months ago#5
Ranzoh posted...
It is once asked if God is so powerful can he limit his power and therefore no longer be omnipotent. Or is this a false premise and a logical impossibility like a married bachelor?

Nobody knows what omnipotence means in practice, so this question is unanswerable. I see no reason why not, but I have no mechanism to explain this in any case.
Is it naive to dream of a world without war?

User Info: Gndlf_the_grey

Gndlf_the_grey
4 months ago#6
Consider this:
Scientifically it would be impossible for an object to have infinite mass, except in theory if the object is travelling at the speed of light. This will then require infinite energy.
So then how do photons, with zero rest mass, experience existence at the speed of light? In theory, time and distance would be irrelevant to the photon. If we can calculate the time it takes for light from the sun to reach the earth, the photon has aged 0 and traveled distance 0??

If one of the major attributes of God is being light, not being a photon, then in theory not having zero rest mass, meaning having infinite mass, infinite energy, et al. In effect somewhat explaining omnipotent?
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
4 months ago#7
Ranzoh posted...
Well how about the less powerful but immortal beings God created like angels?

How about them? What do angels have to do with the omnipotence of God? I don't see your point

User Info: CrustySynapse

CrustySynapse
4 months ago#8
I often wonder: what are extraterrestrials? Do they have DNA? Did the life on our planet receive DNA from extraterrestrials? I am not sure where the DNA has its origins. How did the extraterrestrials come to be? Are they physical or spiritual beings? Perhaps they are angels?

There are so many things to cause me wonder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtoVROMss6s

American television is trashy it seems to me when I have bothered to view it. But I can watch this man all day on my Amazon TV. He is a noble spirit.
I'm a little slow.

User Info: Gndlf_the_grey

Gndlf_the_grey
4 months ago#9
CrustySynapse posted...
I often wonder: what are extraterrestrials? Do they have DNA? Did the life on our planet receive DNA from extraterrestrials? I am not sure where the DNA has its origins. How did the extraterrestrials come to be? Are they physical or spiritual beings? Perhaps they are angels?

There are so many things to cause me wonder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtoVROMss6s

American television is trashy it seems to me when I have bothered to view it. But I can watch this man all day on my Amazon TV. He is a noble spirit.

There are angels and demons (fallen angels). Our DNA was received from the Uncreated, Creator of all things, supreme being whom has made Himself known to us by the Name: I am that I am. Hebrew tetragrammaton YHWH.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

User Info: IHeartRadiation

IHeartRadiation
4 months ago#10
Pondering such questions is as fruitful as trying to figure out how to drink a brick.
I don't get it either.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Didn't God create a limited power of his omnipotent through angels?
  • Topic Archived