This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians, does God ever fear of something?

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#11
P90 posted...

So then none of us know the answer.

In the sense that none of us can read God's mind, correct.
But based on what we do "know" of God through the bible, he can be said to have never felt fear.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
1 month ago#12
Bhaswara posted...
and before New Testament he...tried to take a peek at the other part of the world outside Israel and he was like "s-s-s-so much i-i-idolatry".

USER INFO: BHASWARA
Elite
User Since: Apr 2012

Yikes.

Anyway, this is projection. The idea that God could feel fear assumes that another entity holds leverage over Him. There is no theological reason to believe this. I do believe that He can be characterized in terms of known emotions, but fear is not an accurate one and, certainly, not with the cited examples. For God to fear the builders of the tower, they would have to have had a chance of success. I should not have to tell you that their efforts were futile.
Is it naive to dream of a world without war?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Bhaswara

Bhaswara
1 month ago#13
zinformant posted...
Bhaswara posted...
and before New Testament he...tried to take a peek at the other part of the world outside Israel and he was like "s-s-s-so much i-i-idolatry".

USER INFO: BHASWARA
Elite
User Since: Apr 2012

Yikes.

Anyway, this is projection. The idea that God could feel fear assumes that another entity holds leverage over Him. There is no theological reason to believe this. I do believe that He can be characterized in terms of known emotions, but fear is not an accurate one and, certainly, not with the cited examples. For God to fear the builders of the tower, they would have to have had a chance of success. I should not have to tell you that their efforts were futile.

Don't be surprised. I'm doing this because I think we need to end a generation of doomsday prayers and their enemies. Their fight was something else. The chaos they create are subliminal.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#14
Bhaswara posted...
a generation

Have I got news for you
If we were to superimpose an anthropological rationalism to God's personal subjective experience, knowing his attributes of omnipresence and omniscience, would you yourself have anything to fear if you knew everything and was everywhere at once?

I guess that could answer your question, but it would be through limiting who God is through an anthropological lens. Ultimately we probably would have to invoke the doctrine of imcomprehensibility on this one.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians, does God ever fear of something?