This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do Christians have Stockholm syndrome where one loves his abuser?

User Info: GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#1
Do Christians have Stockholm syndrome where one loves his abuser?

I will not pull my punches on this issue. Christians know that we Gnostic Christians think that their genocidal and infanticidal God is one vile satanic piece of work. Gnostic Christians call evil evil while Christians call evil good. Muslims, who idol worship the same God, do the same thing and suffer from the same condition.

That is why Gnostic Christians call Yahweh a demiurge when discussing our myths. Myths that we do not foolishly read literally the way foolish Christians read theirs.

If these actors were real, they would be showing you how Gnostic Christians think.
https://vimeo.com/7038401

Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors, as a survival strategy during captivity, to the point of loving and protecting their abuser from harm.

Yahweh used genocide on humanity, yet Christians forgive him and even praise him for killing when he could have just cured all. Christians also forgive Yahweh for torturing and murdering innocent babies, with the vilest incident being King David’s baby. Yahweh did the satanic thing instead of the Godly thing.

As a real instead of fictional analogy, I offer that Hitler also used genocidal ways, also tortured children. In his case the world, even some Christians, recognized his satanic ways and condemned him.

The Christian mindset of calling evil good that, Christians are demonstrating, shows that Christians either developed an immoral double moral standard, --- where they praise the genocidal attribute of God, while condemning the same attribute in a man, --- or they collectively have Stockholm syndrome. I do not see a third option.

The analogy shows that Christians adoring Yahweh is like Jews adoring Hitler. Something seems to be wrong with Christian thinking.

Which label do you apply to those who adore a genocidal entity? Good or evil?

Regards
DL

User Info: the_hedonist

the_hedonist
1 month ago#2
No, Christians do not have Stockholm syndrome.
Resurgam.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 month ago#3
Is it just me, or is 'satanic' a weird adjective to use in this context?
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 month ago#4
That you have to include personal attacks in every one of your posts shows, to me, that your system has nothing to offer Christianity.

Heresies that produce bad fruits are nothing of concern to Christians, whatever their faith.

As for answering your question, God is incapable of "genocide." He woulds and He heals. He gives and He takes. He does not partake in the partial, incomplete judgment of men. To liken God's cleansing of evil for the preservation of His children and the salvation of Creation, to Hitler's cruel conquest based on the perceived inferiority of other human beings on the basis of superficial qualities/traits, is indicative of a spiritually blind individual.

If you believe these things you say, I feel pity. If you don't believe them, and intend only to rile up believers, I feel pity.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Kaiser1one

Kaiser1one
1 month ago#5
There's a meme that I remember seeing that basically took the words that Xtians say that about God and turns them into how an abuser would talk to their victim. It's highly accurate. It just shows how you can take words and reword them in a similar manner and make something sound far worse.
Why is it that the world can't spell "lose" or "woman" right???

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
1 month ago#6
YHWH_Saves posted...
God is incapable of "genocide."

How so? What about all the stories in the Bible about him killing a bunch of people?

I think the last time I looked it up, the death toll was like 2 million+ people killed by god. And it's silly things too like killing people for burning incenses or whatever.
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

User Info: B0x_xY2J_0s_HBK

B0x_xY2J_0s_HBK
1 month ago#7
Christians obviously don't have Stockholm and you should stop calling yourself Christian because this topic question isn't remotely Christian and shows a large amount of ignorance about Christianity if it's intent isn't trolling.
Cherry Cherry Boom Boom!
Buccaneers Summersim 2019 Edition: 3-1

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#8
the_hedonist posted...
No, Christians do not have Stockholm syndrome.

Then why do they, and perhaps yourself, idol worship such a satanic genocidal son murdering god if not out of fear?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#9
kozlo100 posted...
Is it just me, or is 'satanic' a weird adjective to use in this context?

No worse than demiurge that Gnostic Christians have used forever.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#10
YHWH_Saves posted...
God is incapable of "genocide."

You limit your god. Ok.

You also ignore the whole story of Noah as well as what the link showed. Ok.

Keep your immoral head in the sand.

Faith is not wanting to know the truth.

Regards
DL
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do Christians have Stockholm syndrome where one loves his abuser?