This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Without looking it up, what bible story mentions both an innkeeper and a donkey?

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
1 month ago#1
For there is only one and most people get it wrong.

It's quite a well known story though, it's not an obscure one

It's not the Nativity
^ Hey now that's completely Merry!
https://i.imgtc.com/YnvkpvU.png

User Info: LunaticCritic

LunaticCritic
1 month ago#2
I feel like a mouse in a trap, but sure, I'll bite.

The Good Samaritan.
The user formerly known as crazygamer999.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 month ago#3
I'm thinking it's the nativity story, but I feel like it can't be that easy. Like maybe there isn't actually a donkey in that one.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 month ago#4
Well, at least I proved I didn't cheat. But yea, no innkeeper and no donkey, just a manger and a lack of room at the inn.

I suppose I could quibble that both are in the story as commonly told, even if they're not in the bible specifically, but that doesn't seem in the spirit of the question so I'll just take the L here.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 month ago#5
Hate to be that guy, but depending on what a baby colt is considered to be in relation to a donkey, and who the man inside the city who was asked was, is it the "Go into the city and tell the man that the Lord needs a colt/horse/donkey?"

If not, give us the spoiler answer!

I'm guessing I'm wrong, because I just realized that I mixed this up with the "Go to the man and tell him the Lord needs a place to eat Passover" story. I'm not sure that there is a "man" (innkeeper) in the first donkey story.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Without looking it up, what bible story mentions both an innkeeper and a donkey?