This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What some of the nonbelievers misunderstand about God, i.e. the Christian God

User Info: PurpleLizard

PurpleLizard
3 months ago#71
OrangeWizard posted...

Alternately, you can do what the Jehovah's Witnesses did, realize that the whole "predestination/knowledge of the future" thing is illogical and inconsistent with what the bible says

"For whom [God] did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son." - Romans 8:29

"I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done." - Isaiah 46:9-10

"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will declare to you the things that are to come." - John 16:13

"In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things." - Ephesians 1:11

"In your book was written ... the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalms 139:16
1994-0244-1993

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#72
Would you care to know how we interpret that verse in the context of our views on predestination?

EDIT: Those verses?

User Info: DeadlyNinjaBees

DeadlyNinjaBees
3 months ago#73
PurpleLizard, quoting scripture proves nothing to non-believers. We literally don't take any of that old stuff, Those are words from books written before women shaved their legs and armpits.
Proves nothing, inspires even less. If you want to prove things to us, you need to use things that are observable, not interpreted by multitudes of people who simply WANT there to be an afterlife and god.
There is no being in existence able to see time ahead of itself.
How dare you!

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#74
I think he meant to quote those verses at me in order to disprove the JW interpretation of predestination, not to convince an atheist.

But I guess he's not interested in learning anything

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
3 months ago#75
I don't usually do the account history thing, but a 5 year old account with less than 50 karma? If nothing else, that's a serious exercise in forethought.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
3 months ago#76
Asherlee10 posted...
PokemonExpert44 posted...
DeadlyNinjaBees posted...
Because...

There's no evidence that it's true.

Is it your schtick to post the dumbest things you can think of?

Yes.
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
3 months ago#77
LinkFanatic posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
Because...

Yes.

lol

Ignore the troll.
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 months ago#78
LinkFanatic posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
Because...

Yes.

Yes, his posts are at the pinnacle of intellectual dishonesty and moral depravity.
Is it naive to dream of a world without war?

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
3 months ago#79
zinformant posted...
LinkFanatic posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
Because...

Yes.

Yes, his posts are at the pinnacle of intellectual dishonesty and moral depravity.

No, they aren't. I make a lot more sense than you, zin.
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What some of the nonbelievers misunderstand about God, i.e. the Christian God
  • Topic Archived