This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What some of the nonbelievers misunderstand about God, i.e. the Christian God
Because...
How dare you!
DeadlyNinjaBees posted...
Because...

There's no evidence that it's true.
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.
PokemonExpert44 posted...
Because...

Then what was all that DNA mapping and genome sequencing we've been doing alluding to?
And what about that DNA we've gathered from OTHER species of humans, like Neanderthals and Denisovans? We know they existed. We have their bones and art. I personally own some tools I picked in Norway. They were real beings. And guess what? A lot of us have traces of their DNA left in our own.
You can ABSOLUTELY trace back speciation through our DNA, much the same way we can tell if your dad is your biological father by comparing yours to his. We can even see the EXACT moment a chimp splits off from our shared ancestors.

I'm sorry, but you have no argument here in this period of history. It's kinda like saying that the ocean is not wet.
How dare you!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
1 month ago#64
Because...

Is it your schtick to post the dumbest things you can think of?
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

User Info: AdmiralBison

AdmiralBison
1 month ago#65
Asherlee10 posted...
Because...

Is it your schtick to post the dumbest things you can think of?

You don’t need to keep wasting your time with the obvious troll and his one line comments as there is obviously no two-way discussion and everyone can see it.

Just observe all his posts and you can see it, just report them for trolling.
That’s the only way to win with trolls is not to feed them by giving them the attention they crave and report the most egregious and obvious posts.

Reason I am advocating Turtle to call into the Atheist Experience is so it will provide him a much larger and live platform to give his reasonings a chance to explain itself as he is directing this to Atheists.

-give clear definitions
-test out its consistency
-is there more things to back it up such as facts and evidence/demonstrable evidence
-can it be consolidated with the many varying beliefs of different denominations of Christians have of the Abrahamic god.
(edited 1 month ago)

Asherlee10
1 month ago#66
AdmiralBison posted...
Stop wasting your time with the obvious troll and his one line comments as there is obviously no two way discussion and everyone can see it.

I know he is a troll and I enjoy interacting with trolls.

AdmiralBison posted...
Reason I am advocating Turtle to call into the Atheist Experience is so it will provide him a much larger and live platform to give his reasonings a chance to explain itself as he is directing it to Atheists.

I don't disagree. I think that's probably a good idea. The host of AE has not lost a debate that I've seen. The only change I'd like to see from him is he sometimes become more emotional than needed.

I probably watch an episode once a week. I might even go see it live! I live in Austin.

User Info: AdmiralBison

AdmiralBison
1 month ago#67
Asherlee10 posted...
AdmiralBison posted...
Stop wasting your time with the obvious troll and his one line comments as there is obviously no two way discussion and everyone can see it.

I know he is a troll and I enjoy interacting with trolls.

AdmiralBison posted...
Reason I am advocating Turtle to call into the Atheist Experience is so it will provide him a much larger and live platform to give his reasonings a chance to explain itself as he is directing it to Atheists.

I don't disagree. I think that's probably a good idea. The host of AE has not lost a debate that I've seen. The only change I'd like to see from him is he sometimes become more emotional than needed.

I probably watch an episode once a week. I might even go see it live! I live in Austin.

He thrives from the attention you give him.

You can enjoy dealing with trolls more by denying them the attention they crave and knowing psychopaths hate being ignored and not the center of attention.

They either get bored and go away or keep trying harder until something effective is actually done like putting out enough reports that eventually suspend them to outright banned.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

And what do sadists, psychopaths and narcissists enjoy doing on the Internet?
Trolling.

If Alex Jones can be banned from several giant social platforms, there is no reason it can’t be done with trolls on any forums when you have the reporting tools and post captures provided.

I did my part as it takes a community effort to do the effective thing.
(edited 1 month ago)

Asherlee10
1 month ago#68
I mean, I hear you.

But, I am not overly concerned about PE's impact as some successful troll. He's more of a bottomfeeder and those types are somewhat fun to interact with (for me anyway).

In addition to that, sometimes trolls inadvertently play the devil's advocate which allows me to practice rebuttal against an unreasonable stance.

You do you, though.

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
1 month ago#69
Asherlee10 posted...
I mean, I hear you.

But, I am not overly concerned about PE's impact as some successful troll. He's more of a bottomfeeder and those types are somewhat fun to interact with (for me anyway).

In addition to that, sometimes trolls inadvertently play the devil's advocate which allows me to practice rebuttal against an unreasonable stance.

You do you, though.

You taking his bait forces those of us who have him on ignore to see what he posts, though.

Oh, uh, yeah, TC’s argument isn’t going to convince a non-believer of anything. I don’t have much to add on that front.
Ex-gamer, still on GameFAQs out of habit.
I guess I took his bait pretty badly, huh...

I mean, if evolution isn't real, how does he think a Squirtle eventually becomes a Venusaur?!?
How dare you!
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What some of the nonbelievers misunderstand about God, i.e. the Christian God
  • Topic Closed