This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Anyone else find it kinda telling that (nearly) all Gods are male figures?

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
3 months ago#31
YHWH_Saves posted...
UnfairRepresent posted...
are inferior.

Not inferior, just different.

I said this in jest, because I haven't met a married guy who doesn't make the claim that the woman brings all the undue stress into the household. I'm sure the married women would make the same claim (and they'd be wrong!), but it was a joke, so...

Sharing your life with another person can bring on stress, that's for sure. It isn't always that way, though.
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
3 months ago#32
@UnfairRepresent posted...
For example: In this video George Carlin is taking the piss out of religion

Do you ever watch the videos on YouTube from the channel The Atheist Experience?
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

User Info: DeadlyNinjaBees

DeadlyNinjaBees
3 months ago#33
I can't think of a single mainstream depiction of a god that isn't male hasn't asserted male dominion over all women. Religion really does have a lot to answer for when it comes to the treatment and rights of women. Technically, if you followed the Christian faith accurately, you'd not be about equal rights and so forth because they are the counter to what is asked of God in the First Testament (like a lot).
It's only non-religious thinking that has enabled the struggle for equal rights to get to the point it has (and we have a long, long way to go).
How dare you!

User Info: PurpleLizard

PurpleLizard
2 months ago#34
kozlo100 posted...
If you're brutish, that's not because men are prone to be brutish.

I find this type of argument somewhat disingenuous. "Brutish" might be hard to define, but men are definitely more prone to, say, physical violence and aggression, and we can trace (at least part of) this to specific chemicals within the body. In the context of, for instance, Eastern German state-sponsored doping in sports, we've done extensive research on the effects of testosterone in both men and women. Androgenic hormones (hormones that men have more of, and which cause masculine physical features like facial hair) DEMONSTRABLY make you more capable of being "brutish", and we can statistically measure increases in social and physical aggression when a woman is "roided out".

You shouldn't speak in absolutes, but saying men and women aren't 'PRONE" to different qualities is just scientifically incorrect; there are definitely statistically significant tendencies.
1994-0244-1993
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
2 months ago#35
DeadlyNinjaBees posted...
I can't think of a single mainstream depiction of a god that isn't male hasn't asserted male dominion over all women. Religion really does have a lot to answer for when it comes to the treatment and rights of women. Technically, if you followed the Christian faith accurately, you'd not be about equal rights and so forth because they are the counter to what is asked of God in the First Testament (like a lot).
It's only non-religious thinking that has enabled the struggle for equal rights to get to the point it has (and we have a long, long way to go).

lol/10
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
1 month ago#36
Asherlee10 posted...
@UnfairRepresent posted...
For example: In this video George Carlin is taking the piss out of religion

Do you ever watch the videos on YouTube from the channel The Atheist Experience?

Nope
^ Hey now that's completely woke!
https://imgtc.com/i/bHqCLJF.png https://i.imgtc.com/YnvkpvU.png
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Anyone else find it kinda telling that (nearly) all Gods are male figures?