This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians face immense defections after refusing to stop demonizing homosexuals

User Info: darklao

darklao
3 months ago#41
So your problem is that the church is international?

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
3 months ago#42
darklao posted...
So your problem is that the church is international?

You're strawmanning again.

I repeat how no one can actually defend this, they can just insult and deflect
^ Hey now that's completely Merry!
https://i.imgtc.com/YnvkpvU.png

User Info: darklao

darklao
3 months ago#43
I have no interest in defending it. I think it's a bad choice. Nevertheless it was a legitimate choice, made by a majority conservative church. Unless you think churches shouldn't be able to define their own moral codes, I don't see what your point is.

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
3 months ago#44
darklao posted...
Nevertheless it was a legitimate choice, made by a majority conservative church.

*because they flew in hundreds of bigots from Africa to vote
^ Hey now that's completely Merry!
https://i.imgtc.com/YnvkpvU.png

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#45
SockThief posted...
UnfairRepresent posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
it's just that Unfair interpreted the article wrong.

I don't think I did.

They literally flew in hundreds of people from Africa who are incredibly bigoted solely to vote in this poll

Then where’s your evidence of that?

He changed up the wording of his claim.

His first claim was:
"Wow they literally flew in hundreds of Christians from Africa solely to stop gay acceptance."

As in the church intentionally flew in people to vote a specific way in order to slant the vote in their favor, whereas normally, these people would not have been flown in.

His claim is now:
"They literally flew in hundreds of people from Africa who are incredibly bigoted solely to vote in this poll"

Which does not carry the same implication of malicious intent. His second claim is a bit more accurate. Perhaps this is as close to an admission of fault that we'll get out of him. He walked back his first claim because he knew he was wrong.

- Were people flown in? Yes.
- Were they the normal attendees who comprise the normal voting membership? Yes.
- Is the church international? Yes.
- Do Africans get a vote too? Yes.
- Did the church say "We're going to lose this vote! Let's slant the polls in our favor by inviting people who really hate homosexuality and otherwise wouldn't have been invited!"? No.

Unfair would like you to believe that the last statement is true, that they stuffed the ballots with votes written by special invited guests who were only there for the sole purpose of voting in a specific way.

What do you have against Africans, Unfair?
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: LunaticCritic

LunaticCritic
3 months ago#46
WelshGamer82 posted...
LunaticCritic posted...
So, anyone watch any good movies, lately?

Yeah. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is AAA.

I really do need to watch that on the weekend, then.
The user formerly known as crazygamer999.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
3 months ago#47
OrangeWizard posted...
Asherlee10 posted...

But earlier in the topic you were specifically calling him out for "fake news." In reality, it's just that Unfair interpreted the article wrong. I would not say that this is the case of "fake news."

I was wrong and you are right. He didn't fall for fake news, he created it.

My point is that I don't think Unfair has 'created' fake news. He isn't a published journalist. He is interpreting an article, which you are allowed to disagree with him and prove him wrong.
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

Asherlee10
3 months ago#48
OrangeWizard posted...
- Were people flown in? Yes.
- Were they the normal attendees who comprise the normal voting membership? Yes.
- Is the church international? Yes.
- Do Africans get a vote too? Yes.
- Did the church say "We're going to lose this vote! Let's slant the polls in our favor by inviting people who really hate homosexuality and otherwise wouldn't have been invited!"? No.

This is accurate.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#49
Asherlee10 posted...
My point is that I don't think Unfair has 'created' fake news. He isn't a published journalist. He is interpreting an article, which you are allowed to disagree with him and prove him wrong.

I dunno, I think anyone can be a journalist if they take on the role of sharing current events with others. Gone are the days when only newspapers had this power. Anyone with an internet connection can be a journalist.

Asherlee10
3 months ago#50
OrangeWizard posted...
Asherlee10 posted...

I dunno, I think anyone can be a journalist if they take on the role of sharing current events with others. Gone are the days when only newspapers had this power. Anyone with an internet connection can be a journalist.

Perhaps you are right, I think we are just arguing semantics at this time.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians face immense defections after refusing to stop demonizing homosexuals