This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. God and Money

User Info: the_hedonist

the_hedonist
1 month ago#1
Cool podcast that tells an interesting story about how some rich Christians (1%) use their money.

https://thebibleproject.com/podcast/story-god-money/
Resurgam.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#2
It's an hour long and I'm feeling lazy atm. Can you summarize, plz? :o
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: FlyingForever

FlyingForever
1 month ago#3
LinkFanatic posted...
It's an hour long and I'm feeling lazy atm. Can you summarize, plz? :o

They use it for evil
The success of Religion is Directly Proportionate to the Failure of Education

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#4
That's still rather vague. Did you actually watch the video?
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#5
LinkFanatic posted...
That's still rather vague. Did you actually watch the video?

Ask yourself honestly: Does he seem like the type of person who actually would?
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#6
Nope.
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: the_hedonist

the_hedonist
1 month ago#7
Basically, stupid wealthy Christian guys go to Harvard Business School to get an MBA and take an interdisciplinary class on God and Money at the Harvard Divinity School and it changed their view on money. They end up doing a survey of alumni of Harvard associated with the Harvard Christian Fellowship and find many like-minded Christians who simply make loads of money so they give oodles and oodles away.

Just cool to hear stories like this, even if I recognize they are the exception, not the rule. My granddad was a successful businessman and, while he lived a comfortable lifestyle, he also was very generous. During the years of his life that he made the most money, he did what he called a ‘reverse tithe,’ living on 10% of his income and giving away 90%.
Resurgam.

User Info: SockThief

SockThief
1 month ago#8
As much as the the 1% gets dunked on, they’re the biggest givers to charity/non-profits. If it weren’t for them, many charities couldn’t keep going.
I steal your sock.

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
1 month ago#9
SockThief posted...
As much as the the 1% gets dunked on, they’re the biggest givers to charity/non-profits. If it weren’t for them, many charities couldn’t keep going.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true. While the 1% might have the largest amount donated, they do not seem to donate as much as middle America.

Various sourced cited here: https://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/statistics/who-gives
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. God and Money