This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Can you believe this? Guy from YouTube using the Bible verse to justify Trump.

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
2 months ago#1
From the YouTube comments section:

"You know there are many people rebelling against the Trump Administration, not knowing that they're in fact, rebelling against God."

Then he pulls the verses from Romans 13:1-7.

Is he serious? Now I've seen & heard everything.
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

User Info: TurtleInFreedom

TurtleInFreedom
2 months ago#2
Ahahaha

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
2 months ago#3
Now tell me something:

Do you honestly think that God would put someone in the white house who's incredibly racist, sexist, fascist, an adulterer, etc.?

Do you think that God's pleased with the way how Trump has handled this country & the world? By energizing racism? Locking children inside cages? The way how he has treated the people of Puerto Rico? By constantly shutting down the government & let all of those poor federal workers & their families suffer financially (as well as everyone else affected)? Etc.?

I seriously doubt that!
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.
I saw a post on FB the other day (shared by a friend of a friend) and it was pro-Trump cartoon about the building of Jericho with the message that walls do work.

I feel like they missed the point of that story.
"From the golden shores of Kansas, to the middle of Japan, reacharound your soul and love your fellow man." -- Ween
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: DaveTheUseless

DaveTheUseless
2 months ago#5
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
I saw a post on FB the other day (shared by a friend of a friend) and it was pro-Trump cartoon about the building of Jericho with the message that walls do work.

oh wow, whoever drew that one didn't think things through
www.youtube.com/davetheuseless Creepypasta Channel.
twitter.com/davetheuseless DaveTheUseless Loves You.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
2 months ago#6
Shinobi120 posted...
"You know there are many people rebelling against the Trump Administration, not knowing that they're in fact, rebelling against God."

Then he pulls the verses from Romans 13:1-7.

I wonder if this person felt that way, oh, say four years ago?
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
2 months ago#7
DaveTheUseless posted...
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...

oh wow, whoever drew that one didn't think things through

this
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my teams.

User Info: iwasapoetonce

iwasapoetonce
2 months ago#8
Shinobi120 posted...
Do you honestly think that God would put someone in the white house who's incredibly racist, sexist, fascist, an adulterer, etc.?

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not, but I will answer as if a serious question.

I believe God will put whoever he wills in the white house. If we leave this to a simplistic question, we will only back ourselves into a corner. Good people may suffer, and evil may get riches, fame and power.

Shinobi120 posted...
Do you think that God's pleased with the way how Trump has handled this country & the world? By energizing racism? Locking children inside cages? The way how he has treated the people of Puerto Rico? By constantly shutting down the government & let all of those poor federal workers & their families suffer financially (as well as everyone else affected)? Etc.?

I dislike Trump as much as the next person. We can look to scripture to see if God would be pleased with Trump and I interpret it as these actions Trump is taking would not be pleasing to God. That said, the same can be said about just about any president. Do you think that God would be pleased with ... <insert something against scripture here>? Lets not get into that trap. Lets not step onto a soap box and talk about God's will. Rather, if you don't like Trump, do what you think is right. Do prayer, go out and try to spread awareness without getting into all the "Do you think God would want this?" It'll only serve to trap ourselves.
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg

User Info: darklao

darklao
2 months ago#9
Trump isn't a king, he's a President. His powers are limited by the law. The actual "ruler" is the Constitution and the body of law as created by Congress, interpreted by the Court, and executed by the President. Everybody who works for the government swears to support/uphold/defend the Constitution, not whoever is President.

In fact the Constitution requires us to get rid of corrupt s***bags like Trump. Pretty much the only reason he hasn't been axed yet is political parties. He's already clearly met all the necessary requirements for "high crimes and misdemeanors," but party loyalty (which is a corruption in our system) will prevent the Senate from convicting him.

Also, submitting to Trump, even if it were like a thing, would only mean submitting to his proper authority. Unless he's your boss and you work for the military or executive branch, his authority over you is probably zero under our government. He's not even a cop where you are required by law to follow his orders. There are some like super extreme circumstances where he might be able to order a civilian around, but that would be like state of emergency/martial law s*** and not ordinary Tuesday.

On the scale of 1 to 10, this is suuuuuuper dumb and lazy and reveals that person probably has no f***ing clue how our government actually works and should be required to pass a civics class before posting dumb s*** on the internets.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
2 months ago#10
I think that if we step back and look at the big picture, the answer is very obvious.

Paul's letter to the Roman church was written from prison - prison in which Paul landed in precisely because he disobeyed the civil authorities!

Peter and John are arrested, given lashes and condemned precisely for this very reason - because the profess that Christ is lord/king/president, and that Caesar is not.

Modern Christianity is laughably misguided, unfortunately. Most people don't read their scriptures, and so I'm to suddenly believe that those who are suspiciously alt-right/nationalistic in their faith are properly exegeting Paul's specific instruction to a geographically-isolated church in ancient Rome?

I am with iwasapoetonce - God can do anything. And Trump, for as much as I find offense in him, is a violent [over]reaction to the godless rhetoric of the Obama administration. I just sit back and pray that God's kingdom comes and overshadows the puppet politics of men.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Can you believe this? Guy from YouTube using the Bible verse to justify Trump.