This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Asherlee10 posted...
PokemonExpert44 posted...
You've only refuted stuff that I've posted in your own mind.

You then say "I don't need to supply evidence."

I know that. You can't supply evidence against me.

Let's be clear, here.

1. You posted an article from a website with no credibility.
2. The article itself cites uncredible sources (best/funniest example is the dinosaurs on the ark)
3. I don't need to supply evidence when I am not making claims. I'm calling out your bulls***. There isn't much left of a discussion when the very article you are attempting to use is not credible. It all stops at that point.
4. Would you like reading material on what makes something a credible and reliable source?

1. My site that I posted has more credibility than you will ever hope to dream of.
2. How are dinosaurs on the ark illogical?
3. You've made many baseless and illogical claims in this topic which you've failed to support with any shred of evidence.
4. You keep saying the stuff that I post is illogical without showing that it is.
5. Provide all that you can and I will refute every single one.
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
3 months ago#152
1. Just because you "think" that site has credibility doesn't make it so
2. Are you asking this unironically?
3. I haven't made claims. You are the one asserting claims. I'm just calling out your bulls***.
4. I've humored it once, I won't do it again. It starts with providing credible sources, which you can't do.
5. There is nothing to "refute" about learning what a credible, reliable source is. You need a school lesson.
Start here: https://sites.umuc.edu/library/libhow/credibility.cfm
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
(message deleted)

Asherlee10
3 months ago#154
1. This is not humor. You need to learn what credibility and reliability mean in terms of knowledge.
2. Calling out your bulls*** isn't verbally abuse. Also, seems like a bad place to also insult me right after you called me 'verbally abuse.'
3. I haven't avoided anything and that isn't relevant to what was said. I'll say it again: You are the one asserting claims. I'm just calling out your bulls***.
4. I'm not the one asserting that there was a global flood or that some ark existed that housed all animals from harm. I just called you out on it and you cannot provide credible and reliable sources.
5. Did you read anything on that website?
(message deleted)

Asherlee10
3 months ago#156
PokemonExpert44 posted...
evidence

You do not have credible evidence. End of story.

User Info: LunaticCritic

LunaticCritic
3 months ago#157
Huh
This is one of the few times I've seen 44 actually get going. Impressive.
The user formerly known as crazygamer999.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension

User Info: xfrodobagginsx

xfrodobagginsx
3 months ago#158
Asherlee10 posted...
Would you mind citing some sources about a global flood? I have my doubts considering much of the world wasn't part of recorded history for a long time.

There may have been a large area flood, but not global.

Try this link and let me know if you have any questions:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/

Asherlee10
3 months ago#159
xfrodobagginsx posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
Would you mind citing some sources about a global flood? I have my doubts considering much of the world wasn't part of recorded history for a long time.

There may have been a large area flood, but not global.

Try this link and let me know if you have any questions:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/

This is no different than what PokemonExpert44 supplied, I'm sorry. Many of the citations in his article come from this website, which is not credible and uses pseudo-science.

I'll provide an example:

Was Noah’s Flood Global?
Did Noah experience a local flood which left only a few sediment layers, as floods do today? God’s record is clear: the water covered the entire globe and killed all the animals on earth. Such unique conditions are the only way to explain worldwide fossil-bearing layers thousands of feet deep.

This provides no actual justification/evidence/answer to the question, "was it global?" -- It just says, "God says so." Furthermore, we know why fossils exist in many sediment layers, it's because the earth is 4.5 billion years old (roughly) and we've seen various forms of life that left fossil remains for last several hundreds of millions of years. This is a fact, which has been peer-reviewed, studied extensively, and is a general consensus across the scientific community.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#160
Asherlee10 posted...

This is no different than what PokemonExpert44 supplied, I'm sorry. Many of the citations in his article come from this website, which is not credible and uses pseudo-science.

I'll provide an example:

Was Noah’s Flood Global?
Did Noah experience a local flood which left only a few sediment layers, as floods do today? God’s record is clear: the water covered the entire globe and killed all the animals on earth. Such unique conditions are the only way to explain worldwide fossil-bearing layers thousands of feet deep.

This provides no actual justification/evidence/answer to the question, "was it global?" -- It just says, "God says so."

You're supposed to click on the heading "Was Noah’s Flood Global?", which leads you to a different article, which then links to 8 other articles.

This is the link you want, that actually attempts to provide evidence and citation:
https://answersingenesis.org/fossils/fossil-record/high-dry-sea-creatures/
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How To Get To Heaven When You Die