This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What is this board's understanding of postmodernism?

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
3 months ago#11
You and that vitriol, bruh. smh

You and HK both. <3
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: darklao

darklao
3 months ago#12
ikr? but I have gotten better at recognizing what is not mentally healthy and stopping. not perfect, lol, but better.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
3 months ago#13
Take it from me; negativity will get you nowhere. You've literally seen me transform on Facebook. It's a process, but I know you can do it. Self-recognition is an important fist step. :)
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
3 months ago#14
I feel amazed that people like to describe post-modernism as being the reason for so many things, even when (a.) the issues predate post-modernism quiet a bit and (b.) the subjects involved probably have no ****ing clue what post-modernism is, let alone read any post-modern works. I especially find it funny when people doing this cannot even describe accurately what post-modernism is or think its the dominate force in academia (pro-tip: it isn't, nor is it even really popular).
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
3 months ago#15
darklao posted...
The reason you think they are rebelling purposelessly is because you aren't listening to them.

Disagree. Admittedly, I am but one person, and do not have all knowledge of all possible belief sets. However, I do my best to not base my thoughts on anything other than experience. It is because I listen that I've come out of government conspiracies and mainstream Christian apologetics, which - to me - are intermingled with postmodernism in our day.

Are there good reasons to distrust world economies of power revolving around government/religion? Yes. Are people generally aware of these reasons, or do they base their rebellion on misguided info being circulated in the marketplace of ideas? I'm inclined - by experience - to go with the latter.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What is this board's understanding of postmodernism?
  • Topic Archived