This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you put your children to jail [hell] for not believinq in you.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. would you put your children to jail [hell] for not believinq in you.

User Info: visualboy2003

visualboy2003
3 weeks ago#11
so, it seems like you won't do it for just not believing......then why would the loving lord.

User Info: WelshGamer82

WelshGamer82
3 weeks ago#12
Have you asked him?

I’m sure there’s lots of things I wouldn’t do that God would do, and vice versa. But then my knowledge of the universe, justice, mercy, sovereignty and fairness are limited to the human condition, so I’m more inclined to take the piss out of the analogy than argue a serious point.
Amazing Love, How can it be? That you my king would die for me.
Amazing Love, I know it's true. And it's my joy to honour you.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 weeks ago#13
visualboy2003 posted...
no, right.....so why would the lord do it. you wouldn't even burn your cats if they disobey you a bit or not believing in you.

Are you asking these questions because you really want to learn, or to pull a "GOTCHA!" on the religious?

You might be surprised at how many serious answers there are to your many questions (very good questions, I might add), but if people think that you aren't sincere, they'll treat you with contempt.

visualboy2003
3 weeks ago#14
the top one in my mind is still this one.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Chronicles+21&version=NIV

skip to the part that said the lord was concerninq about the disaster and order the anqel to stop the attack.......see, keyword here - disaster.

OrangeWizard
3 weeks ago#15
visualboy2003 posted...

skip to the part that said the lord was concerninq about the disaster and order the anqel to stop the attack.......see, keyword here - disaster.

I think you posted this in the wrong topic

visualboy2003
3 weeks ago#16
OrangeWizard posted...
visualboy2003 posted...

I think you posted this in the wrong topic

no, i mean this concern problem of the lord is still the top one that troubles me.

OrangeWizard
3 weeks ago#17
visualboy2003 posted...

no, i mean this concern problem of the lord is still the top one that troubles me.

Since you already made a topic about that problem, you've done all that you can do. Raising the same concern in multiple threads is a breach of etiquette.

But in the meantime, if you can reply to post #13, I'd appreciate it.

visualboy2003
3 weeks ago#18
oh, i am really having these problems because of how much uncertainty they caused to me in my belief in him. so, i really want the lord's explanations.

OrangeWizard
3 weeks ago#19
Okay then, I believe you, and so I'll answer the question in your topic title:

According to the bible, the popular interpretation of hell does not exist. Hell is not a place where people are tortured for eternity. Ecclesiastes 9:5 says that "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten."

The dead know nothing. They cannot feel anything. They cannot be tortured.

Jesus says at John 11:11 says that Lazarus, who was dead, had merely "fallen asleep". At Psalm 146:4, it says that the thoughts of the dead perish. In the bible, death is spoken of as a state of nothingness that is not even experienced.

visualboy2003
3 weeks ago#20
but would a loving lord really put his children to that state just for not believing in him. i mean those children of his can be good in all their lives, too, but just fail to believe in him for some uncertainty in him. so, just put them to that state simply for just not believing in him seems hard to believe what a loving lord would do.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. would you put your children to jail [hell] for not believinq in you.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived