This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm seeing a lot of Christians going after Stephen Hawking now that he's dead.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I'm seeing a lot of Christians going after Stephen Hawking now that he's dead.

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
7 months ago#1
I'm seeing various posts on Facebook, Reddit (Christian subreddit), and Twitter saying he's in front of God now, and saying he's cast down to hell. Or making subtle, not so subtle threats to him trying to hide it under #ThoughtsandPrayers to his family. I'm seeing US Senators tweets making pathetic statements about his death like he's in hell. It's like does the religious fundamentalists who believe in a literal hell think this inconsiderate action is a good way of making a point? I guarantee if Hawking was a Christian then Christians would claim his life to be a miracle knowing the conditions he had to deal with in his life.

The greatest scientists of the century was an atheist, so deal with it Christians. I hope Christians who are making these comments feel some better about these pathetic comments and shows why some people like us atheists do not wish to deal with your religion.
PRAISE THE SUN Young Justice Season 3 is HAPPENING!

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
7 months ago#2
On one hand I agree. On the other, I don't think it makes much sense to base your dealings with religion on bastardized, Western forms of politico-religion.

I feel deep sorrow for anyone who dies apart from the knowledge and felt presence of God. I certainly don't take delight in their death, when all evidences of my faith tell me that God Himself hurts of the loss of such life.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
7 months ago#3
zerooo0 posted...
I'm seeing US Senators tweets making pathetic statements about his death like he's in hell.

Name 'em. Link that up.

I know random people will say distasteful things on facebook, but if a Senator is making public statements to that effect, it should be known exactly who they are and exactly what they said.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

zerooo0
7 months ago#4
kozlo100 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I'm seeing US Senators tweets making pathetic statements about his death like he's in hell.

Name 'em. Link that up.

I know random people will say distasteful things on facebook, but if a Senator is making public statements to that effect, it should be known exactly who they are and exactly what they said.

Away at the moment, but when I get a chance I will update.

zerooo0
7 months ago#5
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/03/15/texas-state-lawmaker-criticized-for-stephen-hawking-tweet-hours-after-physicist-s-death.html

Correction he's a Republican Texas State representative

kozlo100
7 months ago#6
This is why we have to be careful about sources. One state representative saying something is hugely different than multiple US Senators saying something.

Also worth noting that he did get called out on it by another member of the Texas state House of Representatives.

Also, I don't know his actual intent with the tweet, but the words themselves didn't seem all that disrespectful to my mind. Death is a threshold for us all, and Hawking either does, or as I believe most likely, doesn't know what's on the other side now. I don't see a lot of disrespect in pointing that out.
Barenziah Boy Toy 7 months ago#7
kozlo100 posted...
Also, I don't know his actual intent with the tweet, but the words themselves didn't seem all that disrespectful to my mind. Death is a threshold for us all, and Hawking either does, or as I believe most likely, doesn't know what's on the other side now. I don't see a lot of disrespect in pointing that out.

It is un-Christian to declare whether someone is in Hell or not. Only God decides and knows who belongs in Hell or not.
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}

kozlo100
7 months ago#8
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
It is un-Christian to declare whether someone is in Hell or not.

Then it's a good thing he didn't do that.

User Info: alexczas

alexczas
7 months ago#9
YHWH_Saves posted...
On one hand I agree. On the other, I don't think it makes much sense to base your dealings with religion on bastardized, Western forms of politico-religion.

I feel deep sorrow for anyone who dies apart from the knowledge and felt presence of God. I certainly don't take delight in their death, when all evidences of my faith tell me that God Himself hurts of the loss of such life.

This
"Dragons don't like shoes"~me 2016

zerooo0
7 months ago#10
kozlo100 posted...
This is why we have to be careful about sources. One state representative saying something is hugely different than multiple US Senators saying something.

Also worth noting that he did get called out on it by another member of the Texas state House of Representatives.

Defintely agree lol. I could have sworn the youtube video I originally saw this on said senator, but maybe I heard wrong.

It is good he was called out by other representatives. This topic isn't meant to generalize all Christians, but those who participate in this childish action.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I'm seeing a lot of Christians going after Stephen Hawking now that he's dead.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived