This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Nintendo versus Gaming Companies of Today

User Info: DWA

DWA
9 months ago#1
Over the course of my gaming life, I am naturally inclined towards Nintendo's lesser-quality games as opposed to most modern video games of today. As a conservative and shrewd brand of gamer, I feel that Nintendo, to a point, strives to directly create their games to be family-friendly, while the vast majority of modern gaming companies of today (such as Blizzard Entertainment, for example) generally do not share Nintendo's relatively pure approach to their products, sometimes using foul language, sexual material, and/or graphic violence to attract their customers. How many of you feel as I do regarding this observation? Do you prefer Nintendo's lesser-quality gaming franchises, or are you inclined toward today's modern games with superior graphic quality (not all awesome-quality games contain offensive content)? Feel free to reply -- I promise I won't intentionally insult you for any answer you submit, even if your message disagrees with me.

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
9 months ago#2
Did you leave something out of your initial post? As it stands, I can't understand why you posted this topic on the religion board of all places. You refer to Nintendo's games as lesser quality not once but twice; I don't know what you mean by that. While some of Nintendo's games are a complete miss (like Wii Music), Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Pikmin rank at the top of their respective genres nearly every single time a game comes out. If we extend the games being considered to those that only appear on Nintendo consoles, we also get to include Pokemon, which might be a bigger deal than all the others put together (we have to exclude Pokemon Go, but that was more novelty than game).

I'm a gamer---I'll play pretty much anything as long as it is legal to own and doesn't suck. The only time the family friendly nature of a game might be a deciding factor is if I'm buying a game for an ultra religious relative or a very young relative. Great games are both exciting products and excellent works of art. Family friendly games are games made in a certain style, and that can work great for a wide variety of things. Games like Splatoon prove it can even work for traditionally violent genres. But at the end of the day, there is a place for all of the diverse games in my heart.

User Info: MagicOracle

MagicOracle
9 months ago#3
Yeah, I expected this topic to be tied to religion somehow, but it's not.
Not a funny joke Dimentio. If I wanted to laugh your face is inspiration enough. - Mr. L

User Info: Hexagon

Hexagon
9 months ago#4
Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda The Ocarina of Time are highly regarded among the best and highly influential games of all time. Even this past year Nintendo had game of the year products. I can't understand why you call Nintendo games "lesser quality".

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
9 months ago#5
Maybe they are conflating lower pixel/poly count or something as “lesser quality” for some insane reason.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

DWA
9 months ago#6
I posted this message under the religious heading on purpose because my conservative gaming comes from my Christian beliefs, which warn me to be careful which games I play. As for the so-called "lesser-quality" games, I am referring to the fact that Nintendo's display systems aren't usually as advanced as those of other consoles. I commend those of you who have challenged me to be more descriptive about this post, and apologize for any confusion I may have unknowingly caused regarding this matter. This was my first topic, and thanks to your replies, I see that I need to be more detailed next time I post something. Thank you for your criticism! I hope you find my future posts more detailed than this one, and shown to match the topics they are intended to classify under.

Hustle Kong
9 months ago#7
We have a history of topics being deleted by mods for “off topic posting”, so we’ve become pretty accustomed to being especially explicit about tying things to religion, especially when we want to discuss something not super religious.

Good job though on tying it together. :)
Shooting Game never die.

DWA
9 months ago#8
Why thank you! God bless each and every one of you on GameFaqs!

Hustle Kong
9 months ago#9
And welcome. If it isn’t obvious by now, we have a pretty diverse range of opinions and belief here. Theists, atheists, (I think occasionally polytheists), the devout, and the irreligious. We’re all here though because we are interested in religious subjects.

Some people get annoyed when they realize it’s the religion board, rather than the religious board.
Shooting Game never die.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Nintendo versus Gaming Companies of Today
  • Topic Archived