This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its all a load of

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Its all a load of

User Info: FlashOfLight

FlashOfLight
6 years ago#11
Joyce_Rhyder posted...
Just statin my opinion that I dont believe in all that gods, ghosts and reincarnation nonsense.

The Bible agrees with you, there's no such thing as gods.
Mattel Electronics presents... B-17 BOMBER

User Info: zyzzvya01

zyzzvya01
6 years ago#12
Take DMT, I guarantee that'll make you "see God". Unless you have half a reasonable mind and realize it, and every other "religious experience, is simply another function or malfunction of the brain.

User Info: anavriN

anavriN
6 years ago#13
Peyotism?

*instant conversion*
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
6 years ago#14
I understand your view point, but I guarantee you that there are things you believe in that you've never seen.

Is that a broader version of "Well, you believe in China and you've never seen that...?"
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica

User Info: FlashOfLight

FlashOfLight
6 years ago#15
mrplainswalker posted...
Is that a broader version of "Well, you believe in China and you've never seen that...?"

That's why I personally argue to this point, that believing something and knowing something are not the same thing.

By its very nature, belief implies at least somewhat of a possibility of doubt, but knowing implies that one is undoubtedly sure.
Mattel Electronics presents... B-17 BOMBER

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
6 years ago#16
By its very nature, belief implies at least somewhat of a possibility of doubt, but knowing implies that one is undoubtedly sure.

Belief doesn't necessarily entail doubt. I consider knowledge to be justified belief. My belief in China is justified. Therefore, I don't really doubt it.
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica

User Info: TheLichLord

TheLichLord
6 years ago#17
Wasn't there some cult leader down in Rio who was passing out massive amounts of LSD to his followers on the basis that "Jesus is love, this is love."?
GT: ChronicScorpio
1,000 points = 1 inch. How long is your gamer score? Current Score: 16"

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
6 years ago#18
Wasn't there some cult leader down in Rio who was passing out massive amounts of LSD to his followers on the basis that "Jesus is love, this is love."?

I dunno about LSD, but I know of at least one Christian sect in South American that ritualistically drank Ayahuasca as a way to commune with the Lord.

They must've put out a lot of puke buckets in the pews....
Quote of the Week: "When universes collide, don't get caught on the wrong side."

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#19
TheLichLord posted...

A couple of questions:

What do you mean by "massive" amounts?

Did he tell them he was giving it to them?
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: TheLichLord

TheLichLord
6 years ago#20
What do you mean by "massive" amounts?

Pouring bottles of pure into the kool-aid vat.

Did he tell them he was giving it to them?

I got the impression that he did.
GT: ChronicScorpio
1,000 points = 1 inch. How long is your gamer score? Current Score: 16"
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Its all a load of

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived