This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its all a load of

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Its all a load of

User Info: Joyce_Rhyder

Joyce_Rhyder
6 years ago#1
propaganda, hallucinations, drugs etc. Some people find comfort in their beliefs for what ever reason. Fair enough, nothin against it so longs as no harm is brought to others. Just statin my opinion that I dont believe in all that gods, ghosts and reincarnation nonsense. No such thing in my opinion. Im a man of little faith and only believe something if I see it.

Anyway, where did the belief in all these various gods originate from? Apparantly storms, earthquakes and eclipses were blamed on moody deities.

User Info: avonT

avonT
6 years ago#2
I understand your view point, but I guarantee you that there are things you believe in that you've never seen. I'm not religious either, but ponder that idea.
Official Priest of the Temples of Syrinx.

User Info: Joyce_Rhyder

Joyce_Rhyder
6 years ago#3
I know what you mean. I cant actually see germs but I believe in their existence because I sometimes feel their affects. Theres also a trust factor in many things obviously. Fortunately I can use my free will and choose which stuff to believe based on what I think are reliable sources of information (or im drunk).

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
6 years ago#4
Trying not to be a jerk, I would suggest that you read some Joseph Campbell. I found his "Masks of God" to be somewhat helpful.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: 2ndSamurai

2ndSamurai
6 years ago#5
Hi, nice to meet you too.
SSBB: 3609 0740 5203 SMASH
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/jew-jitsu-demotivational-poster.jpg

User Info: OrnitierIX

OrnitierIX
6 years ago#6
Joyce_Rhyder posted...
I know what you mean. I cant actually see germs but I believe in their existence because I sometimes feel their affects. Theres also a trust factor in many things obviously. Fortunately I can use my free will and choose which stuff to believe based on what I think are reliable sources of information (or im drunk).

Unseeable metaphysical concepts you have named in this statement:

Knowledge
Affect
Trust
Free will
Choice
Reliability
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#7
It's all a load of ...drugs?
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: anavriN

anavriN
6 years ago#8
Where are these drug religions that you speak of?
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.

User Info: xXxCroNoxXx

xXxCroNoxXx
6 years ago#9
OrnitierIX posted...
Joyce_Rhyder posted...

Unseeable metaphysical concepts you have named in this statement:

Knowledge
Affect
Trust
Free will
Choice
Reliability

Those are all made-up as well, they have no ontological dimension of their own
Fare thee well, you evidence of Jewish superiority.
-Mercuryink

User Info: Silviiro

Silviiro
6 years ago#10
Where are these drug religions that you speak of?

Peyotism?
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Its all a load of

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived