This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dream Interpretation

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Dream Interpretation

User Info: hamsandwich3141

hamsandwich3141
7 years ago#11
I struggle with remembering details from my dreams. I only seem to remember the basic plotline of what happened and who was there, but it's more like I have a bunch of snapshots to go off rather than full-fledged video or something.

And this past February for some reason I was remembering every dream I had for pretty much the entire month and I wrote them all down in the morning. Every one could easily be traced back to the previous day's or week's events. So I do not put much stock in dream interpretation.
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.

User Info: chukie_sue

chukie_sue
7 years ago#12
I think it's possible to be given a specific dream by God, but I don't believe I've ever gotten one. I write them down if I have them just for fun, except I only have nightmares.
A mighty hand, an outstretched arm - You are the God who saves, Deliverer Your name.

User Info: Silviiro

Silviiro
7 years ago#13
A dream taught you how to dream? That's (1) so meta, and (2) frighteningly similar to a plot line from my first novel.

Some of it was outright told to me but other things just came out of experience. Like I learned about the concept of controlling my dreams when I had a dream when I was around 5 or 6 where I was riding in a car with 2 people I didn't recognize. They told me that when you dream you are in control and anything you imagine will happen. The car was attacked by a dragon and they told me that I was dreaming right then. I imagined a knight which came and killed the dragon.

I learned dream exit from experience. Like most beginner dreamers I learned that the easiest way to escape a dream was suicide. I had a lot of nightmares when I was young so I ended up killing myself a lot. But you aren't always in a situation where you can easily kill yourself. So one time I was hiding from something and closed my eyes and realized I could mentally "reach out" and feel my real body. I forced my eyes open and escaped. It was a great replacement as suicide is often painful.
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci

User Info: the_hedonist

the_hedonist
7 years ago#14
Silviiro posted...
Some of it was outright told to me but other things just came out of experience. Like I learned about the concept of controlling my dreams when I had a dream when I was around 5 or 6 where I was riding in a car with 2 people I didn't recognize. They told me that when you dream you are in control and anything you imagine will happen. The car was attacked by a dragon and they told me that I was dreaming right then. I imagined a knight which came and killed the dragon.

Umm...totally not fair. I am not able to "lucid dream."
Thumbs up for rock 'n' roll.
~The Christian Hedonist~

User Info: Billy_Bob_Joe

Billy_Bob_Joe
7 years ago#15
"To see a stranger in a dream whom you do not know represents Jesus or the Holy Spirit, counselor, teacher, especially if the man is wearing white, red, blue, purple or green clothing and seems vague in appearance and his features are hard to make out, or if the man is to the left or the right or is standing slightly behind you or at a distance, yet is a comforting presence to you."
aww yeaaa
The free market will decide whether you steer your Escalade into a nursery school or not. - Cruithear
http://www.youtube.com/user/BillyBobJoeIsaac
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Dream Interpretation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived