This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is true faith

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. This is true faith

User Info: almasbaby

almasbaby
7 years ago#1
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/07/13/2011-07-13_huge_crowd_attends_brooklyn_funeral_of_murdered_schoolboy_leiby_kletzky.html

A man thanks God for the time he had with his murdered son. I've always felt that a person of true faith considers nothing his own, but just on loan from God to be taken back at God's leisure. A person of true faith would have no qualms about that relationship, always thankful for whatever blessings he receives, and always ready to bear whatever tribulations come his way.

"God gives and God takes. Thank you, God, for giving you to us for nine years. We have to thank you for what You gave us."

User Info: WhereDidItGo

WhereDidItGo
7 years ago#2
Such a sad story, but I agree that it was a beautiful prayer and I admire his strength.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.

Amen.
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
7 years ago#3
It seems like such a wildly different view from my own. I would certainly not react that way. But I imagine that attitude is a lot more healthy, as well.

I don't want to say "good for him", because that might be misinterpreted. But I'm glad that he's able to cope after such a tragedy.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
7 years ago#4
I have a similar reaction to death, only I don't thank god. I simply appreciate the person for who they were, and reflect on the time I was able to have with them.
Quote of the Week: "Why are you dead, Phil? Are you dead from knives?"

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
7 years ago#5
How is that "true faith"? All that is required for faith is the belief in something. It's a bit unfair to say that someone who believes in God but would react differently in that situation doesn't have "true faith."
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User Info: _Falstaff

_Falstaff
7 years ago#6
You might say "solid" instead of "true." But besides that, I agree. It takes a lot of peace to be able to do that. Hopefully he continues to cope well.
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
7 years ago#7
I wouldn't even say that's a quality of his faith, just of his state of mind, unless he believes that the way he reacted is somehow an integral teaching of his faith, and that he stands to lose something by reacting differently.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User Info: _Falstaff

_Falstaff
7 years ago#8
PolluxFrost47 posted...
I wouldn't even say that's a quality of his faith, just of his state of mind, unless he believes that the way he reacted is somehow an integral teaching of his faith, and that he stands to lose something by reacting differently.

Possibly. I would argue that his faith is a part of his state of mind, that they are inseparable, so having a solid state of mind is dependent on his faith, or vice versa. However you'd like to view it.

However, only a small portion of the entire story is given. We're only aware of what he's done publicly. His private reactions may be quite different, so it is difficult to make any sort of call on that issue, I suppose.
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
7 years ago#9
KNessJM posted...
I have a similar reaction to death, only I don't thank god. I simply appreciate the person for who they were, and reflect on the time I was able to have with them.

This topic isn't about you.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: ledzepfan15

ledzepfan15
7 years ago#10
This topic isn't about you.

Oh look, the opinion police.
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. This is true faith

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived