This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever had a dream about an afterlife?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Ever had a dream about an afterlife?

User Info: kirsybuu

kirsybuu
7 years ago#1
Not too long ago I had a dream that ended with a visit to one. The events before it were like a video game, but when I died I ended up in a small building. There were other people hanging around a couple rooms too, but the main attraction was a row of large metallic washing machines. A guy who looked kind of like an untrustworthy car salesman explained to me that what you're supposed to do here is crawl inside one of the machines, and it will spin and the inside walls will heat up and burn you up. He was the "boss" of the place, but didn't actually force anyone to get in. After a few moments contemplating the situation, I woke up and laughed about it.

I don't recall ever dreaming about an afterlife, good or bad, before this. What about you?
"sabe que no puede resistir mis encantos sensuales." ~ Poolshark128

User Info: Silviiro

Silviiro
7 years ago#2
Yeah, I usually get them after dying while still having enough attention to hold the dream. The one that first comes to mind came after I tried to fight a guy hijacking an airplane and got thrown off. I woke up in a massive room with hundreds of people having pretty much a party. I then saw someone who was on the airplane and knew I failed and it made me angry so being that I'm always semi-lucid I brought myself back to life and went back in time and stopped the hijacking.
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
7 years ago#3
Not the afterlife per se, but I have had one or two very powerful dreams that involved contact by deceased ancestors.
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick

User Info: king_gimpy

king_gimpy
7 years ago#4
No I haven't, although I've had dreams of people trying to kill me and my friends, usually Jason Voorhees.

I've never died in a dream though.
When I was born the doctor twisted up the facts,
he said that I was a devil son so now I'm having flashbacks.

User Info: WhereDidItGo

WhereDidItGo
7 years ago#5
Man I hope not, cause all my dreams are weird.
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi

User Info: KNessJM

KNessJM
7 years ago#6
Ironically, I used to have a recurring dream about the lack of an afterlife.

When I was in my early teens I had the same dream about 7-8 times over the course of a year or so which involved me being murdered. The ending of the dream was always the same. I got shot, felt the impact, slumped against a wall, everything faded to black, and I woke up.

Seriously bizarre.

Perhaps the "afterlife" in the dream was my waking life. Talk about your philosophical mind****s.
Quote of the Week: "Why are you dead, Phil? Are you dead from knives?"
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Ever had a dream about an afterlife?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived