This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Believers can be "intelligent"? *baffled face*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Believers can be "intelligent"? *baffled face*

User Info: OnceInALifeTime

OnceInALifeTime
6 years ago#31
Neil deGrasse Tyson is snobbish? >_>

I mean I'm with you on Dawkins but you lost me there.

I was just trying to think of an astrophysics expert that everybody here would have heard of :o but when he's talking about god of the gaps and some of the more ridiculous arguments that involve his area of expertise he can be very dismissive, and rightfully so.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-396-1161708490.jpg :: sound advice from the NHS
"I like FosterTaken" - Darth Snake

User Info: sthater

sthater
6 years ago#32

From: OnceInALifeTime | Posted: 7/12/2011 10:00:34 AM | #031
but when he's talking about god of the gaps and some of the more ridiculous arguments that involve his area of expertise he can be very dismissive, and rightfully so.

Oh okay I misunderstood for some reason I thought you were talking of just being generally dismissive towards religion and religious people in general which I don't think I've ever seen him do and idk even when he is dismantling a ridiculous claim it seem like he conducts himself with a little more civility than say Dawkins.
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666

User Info: OnceInALifeTime

OnceInALifeTime
6 years ago#33
I think with Dawkins, because he's worked for a significant part of his life promoting the evidence supporting evolution that he takes any criticism of evolution personally. He understands just how much work has been done to bring biology to the point it is now, and finds it insulting when people blow it off with, quite frankly, **** arguments. It makes him weak in debates at points because he gets too heated, but it shows his passion for the subject and how seriously he takes the issue.

It's a bit like how I hate people trying to convert me, I said it very insulting, but I bite my tongue because I understand they genuinely believe I'm going to hell for eternity. He just cannot bite his tongue, he has to point out inadequacies in arguments.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-396-1161708490.jpg :: sound advice from the NHS
"I like FosterTaken" - Darth Snake
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Believers can be "intelligent"? *baffled face*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived