This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The sermon at mass today was about how no one goes to church anymore -_-

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The sermon at mass today was about how no one goes to church anymore -_-

User Info: littlebigpiano

littlebigpiano
7 years ago#1
1) We ARE at church so lecture us about something relevant to our lives

2) The reason might be because it's the same thing every week, it'd be like if a TV show had one episode and replayed it every week and expected the ratings to improve

3) The people who don't go now will go when they are older when they get scared that they might die soon like all the other old people at mass

Wanted to say this, but didn't have the balls. Sometimes I get so frustrated with my religion, which I do love for the most part. *is catholic*
STS
FC: 3524 4292 3214

User Info: CIA911

CIA911
7 years ago#2
I haven't been to church in a while, but if there's a significant decrease in people going, that's good.
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

User Info: BtVSFan

BtVSFan
7 years ago#3
They probably want you to guilt your friends and family into going, and rope any of you who are thinking about straggling back into the pen.
Someone's carryin' a bullet for you right now, doesn't even know it. The trick is, die of old age before it finds you - Mal
http://i36.tinypic.com/23yqa.jpg

User Info: Patriotwolf

Patriotwolf
7 years ago#4
I think allot of Christians now are thinking that you don't need to go to church to have a relationship with Christ. BecAuse there is a big difference between being a Christian, and being a Christ follower.

Personally for me, its that, plus I don't feel that what is talked about in church speaks to me. Or that they talk about the issues I find interesting
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
7 years ago#5
I doubt the Sermon only consisted of complaining about how no one comes
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: ItsHundreth

ItsHundreth
7 years ago#6
OrangeWizard posted...
I doubt the Sermon only consisted of complaining about how no one comes

You're right, he also included how if you only put a dollar in the collection, don't bother putting anything at all. Probably time to just find a new church.

edit: sorry for switching accounts, this is TC.

User Info: CIA911

CIA911
7 years ago#7
I think allot of Christians now are thinking that you don't need to go to church to have a relationship with Christ. BecAuse there is a big difference between being a Christian, and being a Christ follower.

This is probably true. Anyone who is a true Christian would be leaving church because it's a commandment, and they have an intense desire to follow all of his commandments.
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
7 years ago#8
CIA, where in the bible does it command us to leave our churches?

It says "Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together"
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: Silviiro

Silviiro
7 years ago#9
Well he should have mentioned how it is impossible to "go to church" as the Church are the called out people of God.
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The sermon at mass today was about how no one goes to church anymore -_-

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived