This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
8 years ago#81

That's like asking "which section of the library proves evolution, because there's the biology section, then then zoology section, then the archeology section...

But it isn't like archaeology has a different explanation for evolution than does biology.

If they believe that a God exists, yes.

How can each explanation, which contradict with each other, each be correct?
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#82
mystic belmont posted...

But it isn't like archaeology has a different explanation for evolution than does biology.

And it's not like religion has a different explanation for God than Philosophy does.

One just deduces his existence through evidence, and the other, through logic and reason.

Much like archaeology deduces evolution through fossils, and biology does it through massive extrapolations.

How can each explanation, which contradict with each other, each be correct?

They don't. All religions say "God exists", is that right?
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

mystic belmont
8 years ago#83

You just said that each explanation is correct.

One just deduces his existence through evidence, and the other, through logic and reason

Religion is a part of philosophy, which is why it is the section on philosophy.
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

User Info: Kaj_Ketos

Kaj_Ketos
8 years ago#84

*facedesk*

There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God. - Shahada

Do not have any other gods before me. - 1st Commandment, Exodus 20:2

Hinduism has thousands of Gods, Buddhism has no God [disputable], etc. They are all in dispute with each other.

But this is irrelevant to the original topic, which is about evolution. Do not diverge into Biblical consistency unless it is to support or reject the idea of evolution
Fan of the Padres and Chargers
"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#85
mystic belmont posted...

You just said that each explanation is correct.

Each explanation of "God exists" is correct.

Religion is a part of philosophy, which is why it is the section on philosophy.

Then you shouldn't have a problem finding all the books.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

mystic belmont
8 years ago#86

How?
[Evil Republican]

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#87
Kaj_Ketos posted...

There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God. - Shahada

Do not have any other gods before me. - 1st Commandment, Exodus 20:2

I don't see a problem here.

Hinduism has thousands of Gods, Buddhism has no God [disputable], etc. They are all in dispute with each other.

Hinduism has a creator God, and I'm don't know enough about Buddhism, but the only difference is the perceived qualities. The fact that a creator God exists for every religion is not in dispute.

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#88
mystic belmont posted...
How?

Because all religions explain that God exists. How are you not getting this?

User Info: Esrac

Esrac
8 years ago#89
I'm starting to think OrangeWizard is trolling everyone in this topic. I just find it hard to believe anyone could be so dense.

mystic belmont
8 years ago#90

Because all religions explain that God exists. How are you not getting this?

Even if the explanations contradict each other?

If one religion said their god created the universe, and another said that their god did it, are they each correct?

What about the religions that are polytheistic? Are they correct even against the claims of monotheistic religions or even those that do not have a god?
[Evil Republican]
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright
  • Topic Archived