This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
8 years ago#71
In part 5, Wendy says she was arrested for praying. Well, as someone else who did research, this is a lie:
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=151131
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

User Info: squareandrare

squareandrare
8 years ago#72
Are you implying that anyone who is a Jehovah's Witness cannot be taken seriously,

Yes.
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#73
mystic belmont posted...

1) By telling people to learn about God, than telling them to go to the library to learn, which one should they learn about?

That's like saying "By telling people to learn about evolution, then telling them to go to the library to learn, which fossil should they learn about?"

2) Biased sources that ignore evidence are not to be taken in the same light as sources that are open to new evidence.

Biased sources =/= ignoring evidence.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: squareandrare

squareandrare
8 years ago#74
That's like saying "By telling people to learn about evolution, then telling them to go to the library to learn, which fossil should they learn about?"

If scientists operated like religious people and just put forth any old explanation that popped into their heads, there would be numerous different explanations for life.

The difference is that scientists are actually smart, and all the different branches converged on a single theory. Religion just kept piling the bulls*** higher and higher, and the conclusions that religious people make just keep getting more and more divergent.

Religion is a failure, and science works. It's that simple.
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman

User Info: Guide

Guide
8 years ago#75
OW, show us this evidence you've been speaking of.
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
(message deleted)

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#77
GuideToTheDark posted...

I can't. It's far too massive to carry around with me that I have to just direct people to the library.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: Kaj_Ketos

Kaj_Ketos
8 years ago#78
I can't. It's far too massive to carry around with me that I have to just direct people to the library.

This is not even close to what Dawkins did in the debate. Stop being an ignorant fool.
Fan of the Padres and Chargers
"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
8 years ago#79

GuideToTheDark posted...

Which section of the library, because the religious part of the library is part of the philosophy part of the library, and in that area there are tons of different explanations for the existence of a higher power.

Are you saying that each explanation is correct?

Also, my library doesn't seem to contain any books on JW.
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#80
mystic belmont posted...

Which section of the library, because the religious part of the library is part of the philosophy part of the library, and in that area there are tons of different explanations for the existence of a higher power.

That's like asking "which section of the library proves evolution, because there's the biology section, then then zoology section, then the archeology section...

Are you saying that each explanation is correct?

If they believe that a God exists, yes.

Theism comes first, religion comes after.

Also, my library doesn't seem to contain any books on JW.

So?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright
  • Topic Archived