This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#31
NsM Comatosis posted...
I'll use this from now on. Whenever someone questions my belief in God, or God, I'll just direct them to the library, museum, and nature, and then say if they don't want to spend the time doing it, to not attempt to argue against it.

Except you'll find fellow Christians who will disagree with you on several issues about your own religion.

They they just have to read and study more until they agree with us, and until they do that, they have no right to criticize. Of course, they won't want to criticize us, since they'll agree with us, but that's not my problem.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: Kaj_Ketos

Kaj_Ketos
8 years ago#32
Same goes for people who badmouth religion.

No, not at all. Religion has no objective evidence. It may have historical consistencies, such as with the Gospels describing some historical events accurately, but it has absolutely zero proof anything spiritual has ever happened.

There's no "proof" to find with Christianity. Stop spouting "nou" when it comes to matters such as this.

Saying "look in a Bible" is not the same as saying "look in a textbook". See, one was validated by hundreds of thousands of scientists over the course of ~1,000 years of studies. And it wasn't the Bible.

I've talked with people who take Theology classes. It's taught from a perspective as if it's mythology.

But hey, if you have even one morsel of absolute, objective, undeniable proof, then give it to me. I'm open minded, and if it is concrete and it has no alternative answer other than a divine one, then I'll convert. But religion is a matter of faith, so I already know the response to this.
Fan of the Padres and Chargers
"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#33
Kaj_Ketos posted...

No, not at all. Religion has no objective evidence.

Sure it does, you just have to study more until you find it. Try your local library, or a university.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
(message deleted)

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
8 years ago#35
The fallacies employed by OW in this topic are truly mind-numbing.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

User Info: squareandrare

squareandrare
8 years ago#36

The guy is a JW. He's been trained since day one to be immune to reason. He is on a singular quest to convince the world that only his fringe sect of nutballs really understands the world.
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#37
PolluxFrost47 posted...

I'm only doing exactly what I see the evolutionists doing.

Kaj_Ketos
8 years ago#38

No, you're not. You didn't provide examples of evidence.

Dawkins clearly listed the numerous examples of evolution and natural selection. He talks about DNA patterns and the divergence of species over time. He mentioned the consistencies with the theory of evolution and the fossil record, citing the transitional fossils of Australopithecus and other pre-Homosapien species.

He even explained in unnecessary detail how that evidence validates evolution.

All YOU did was say "Go look in a library or a university". You did not provide any mention of any evidence. You did not provide any objective information about a spiritual event, and did not validate your claim in any way.

You're as ignorant as the smug Wendy Wright.

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#39
Kaj_Ketos posted...

No, you're not. You didn't provide examples of evidence.

And neither are they. They're pointing to the Library.

Kaj_Ketos
8 years ago#40
And neither are they. They're pointing to the Library.

Did you even read what I posted?

By Dawkins, you must be in denial.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Richard Dawkins v. Wendy Wright
  • Topic Archived