This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why Satan isn't evil...

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#21
GuideToTheDark posted...
If God isn't responsible for the apple being eaten, neither is Satan.

Should I bother to point out why this is illogical?
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
8 years ago#22
If Satan is really the good guy here, he should have simply done the same thing G-d did. Wage a propaganda war so we know his side of the story. But he didn't.
You know someone is obsessed with you when they still try to troll you, even though they know they are on your ignore list.

User Info: Waruigi

Waruigi
8 years ago#23
AllCityKing98 posted...
How am I going to cite the whole book?

It is the basic story. God creates everything. Satan rebels.

I argue that satan is more moral. Like all morality it is an opinion based thing not a fact. Get over it.

I guess since atheists know so much about the Bible you would be able to point me to where this story is found in the Bible.
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim

User Info: Guide

Guide
8 years ago#24
Should I bother to point out why this is illogical?

You can try.
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#25
Ok, because it's a non seq.

God warned Adam and Eve AGAINST eating the fruit.

Satan actively tried to deceive Eve into eating the fruit.

That's as silly as a murderer saying "If the judge isn't guilty of killing the victim, then I'm not either." There's no logical connection.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: Guide

Guide
8 years ago#26
You put something easily accessible in front of someone and tell someone not to touch it, they're gonna wanna touch it.

I can see where this reply's gonna take the topic though.
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#27
GuideToTheDark posted...

I can see where this reply's gonna take the topic though.

Where? Will we be discussing the values of free will, discipline and love?

User Info: CapoMafia

CapoMafia
8 years ago#28
Don't trust the TC. Butters listens to metal and worships Satan.
http://www.last.fm/user/Butch_Deadlift

User Info: AllCityKing98

AllCityKing98
8 years ago#29
^Genesis.

I'm no bible expert. But I have read it and I think I have a basic grasp on the story.
I believe man made God out of ignorance and fear. If God made man then why the hell would he put us here?

User Info: Waruigi

Waruigi
8 years ago#30
It's nowhere in the Bible. The story of Satan's rebellion is a later invention from the Middle Ages. I think you might know less about the Bible than you think you do.
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why Satan isn't evil...
  • Topic Archived