This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why Satan isn't evil...

User Info: sextronbot

sextronbot
8 years ago#1
Since we can agree that it makes no damn sense to punish people for sins they didn't commit (did I eat the apple on the apple tree to warrant me being cursed with ADHD? Huh? HUH?!?), we can therefore deduce that Satan was justified in rebelling against God effectively casting himself from heaven because he just knew that God was a psychotic freak! Add that to the fact that God kills more people in the Bible than Satan does, and this theory of mine is LITERALLY the only thing that makes any sense out of the whole god dayum thang!
RIP Butters_1188 2005-2009 :'(

User Info: AllCityKing98

AllCityKing98
8 years ago#2
That is a pretty bad argument.

Coming from someone who mocks religion and thinks the character yahweh is far more cruel than satan (LOL HE CREATED SATAN HERP DERP) so believe me I'm on your side.

You can't really deduce those things logically like that. We can however, from a social and moral standpoint label yahweh as cruel. Satan is no where near as bad as Yahweh, at least he stands up to yahwehs tryranny.

Anyways not like it matters. None of that stuff is real lol. There are no gods or any of that nonsense its just all made up feel good stories.
I believe man made God out of ignorance and fear. If God made man then why the hell would he put us here?

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
8 years ago#3
I always thought that Satan seemed like a noble rebel going against the tyrannical dictator that just wanted slaves. Prometheus gave us fire and was punished by Zeus for it; Satan gave us knowledge and was punished by YHWH for it.
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#4
I love watching Atheists teach other Atheists about the bible.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
8 years ago#5
OrangeWizard posted...
I love watching Atheists teach other Atheists about the bible.

What, we're not allowed to share our opinions on the story? Are we also not able to say Emperor Palpatine is evil and Luke Skywalker is good?
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
8 years ago#6
I sympathize with OW on this point. I personally really like when a theist understands and corrects one of their "fellows" on a view held by some atheists. I imagine the feeling is the same for him.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: OnceInALifeTime

OnceInALifeTime
8 years ago#7
We need to hear Satan's side of the story. People are always "Jesus this, Moses that"...maybe Satan has to much dignity to sell his story to TV evangelists.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-396-1161708490.jpg :: sound advice from the NHS
"I like FosterTaken" - Darth Snake

User Info: sith_acolyte15

sith_acolyte15
8 years ago#8
Nah, it's just that he's had a crap publicist all these years.
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.

User Info: MasterGamer72

MasterGamer72
8 years ago#9
hunter_gohan posted...
I always thought that Satan seemed like a noble rebel going against the tyrannical dictator that just wanted slaves. Prometheus gave us fire and was punished by Zeus for it; Satan gave us knowledge and was punished by YHWH for it.

I can't quite remember the name of the article, but I remember reading about a whole discussion concerning this. It basically said how Lucifer fought for our freedom as humans and fought for our free will whereas Yahweh did not want us to be free in such a way.

If I ever come across it again I'll PM it to you.
Forget it. Let's just have secret butt fun instead.

User Info: Retrotastic

Retrotastic
8 years ago#10
Hell isn't all that bad tbh from what I'm reading of my book of angelic lore they have gambling establishments in Hell and they teach the science such as astronomy.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why Satan isn't evil...
  • Topic Archived