This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. ATTN: Christians who believe in microevolution, but not macroevolution.

User Info: sthater

sthater
8 years ago#11

Alright sorry guys, I don't believe in that crap I just said. I was just trying to put my mind in the mind of a creationist. I was just trolling. I'm an atheist and I'm all for evolution (and understand it better then the average guy).

Sorry TC, I thought you would have known me from the forum.

Haha yeah I had figured that maybe you were playing Devil's Advocate but I wanted to test myself there :P
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666

User Info: Diranosaur

Diranosaur
8 years ago#12
arian487 posted...
Alright sorry guys, I don't believe in that crap I just said. I was just trying to put my mind in the mind of a creationist. I was just trolling. I'm an atheist and I'm all for evolution (and understand it better then the average guy).

Sorry TC, I thought you would have known me from the forum.

Just found out about the religion, philosphy and politics boards, so I don't know you. You were convincing, though :)
My folk band - http://barfota.bandcamp.com/

User Info: arian487

arian487
8 years ago#13
Yea I've been here for a while, so I was regurgitating some of the common arguments you were likely to hear (I've heard the kinds one many times). Your answers were decent enough.
x - (x^3 / 3!) + (x^5 / 5!) - (x^7 / 7!) + ... = sinx
4(1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + ...) = PI

User Info: sthater

sthater
8 years ago#14

Yea I've been here for a while, so I was regurgitating some of the common arguments you were likely to hear (I've heard the kinds one many times). Your answers were decent enough.

Well I'm no biologist myself but I've always found the argument from phylogeny to be one of the strongest ones for evolution. And interestingly enough one of the ones that is never addressed.

Primarily of course because when you're looking through the evolution of species it's sometimes really hard to point out the one area where one group diverges and is then different. And if things actually worked in the way that creationists claim with "kinds' we wouldn't have that. Everything would be obvious and distinct. But it isn't.
Like my loafers? Former gophers -It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
Part of the presidential triumvirate of board 666

User Info: LosingStreak06

LosingStreak06
8 years ago#15
You do realize that macroevolution is just microevolution, but over a longer time, right?

Technically, no. It isn't.
Show me your might! Give me your best shot!
You call this a fight? I said your best shot!

Diranosaur
8 years ago#16
LosingStreak06 posted...
Technically, no. It isn't.

There is no set definition, but most agree that it is.

LosingStreak06
8 years ago#17
Eh, no.

Macro- and micro- don't deal with lengths of time, they deal with gene pool sizes. Macroevolution deals with evolutionary changes at or above the level of an entire species' gene pool, whereas microevolution deals with allele frequencies in a single species (or sample population of a single species).

Hope that explains it a bit.

Diranosaur
8 years ago#18
LosingStreak06 posted...
Eh, no.

Macro- and micro- don't deal with lengths of time, they deal with gene pool sizes. Macroevolution deals with evolutionary changes at or above the level of an entire species' gene pool, whereas microevolution deals with allele frequencies in a single species (or sample population of a single species).

Hope that explains it a bit.

I know the definition, but many changes at a microevolutionary plane will become changes at a macroevolutional plane over time.

LosingStreak06
8 years ago#19
That's rather oversimplifying it, but I won't argue the point any further.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#20
And after this topic, nothing was any different.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. ATTN: Christians who believe in microevolution, but not macroevolution.
  • Topic Archived