This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. An honest question to Christians:

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#111
the final bahamut posted...

I am making a special exception for you because you are clearly not ready to be in a debate until you can substantiate your beliefs without circular logic.

You mean to say that you are backpedaling because your argument cannot progress forward? Yes, I am aware of that. It's quite amusing to see someone who preaches logic so much, being so intellectually dishonest.

Actually it's very possible if God isn't trying very much.

Yes, it's entirely possible that God could have just placed holes in his lies so that we would spot them, and come to the conclusion that God does not exist.

It's also entirely possible that God is just a huge troll that is constantly messing with us, but there's absolutely no basis for any of these possibilities.

But all of this is quite unimportant, as the - obviously failed - purpose of the previous excercise was to make you think about why things like honesty and deceitfulness, let alone morality and cruelty are not covered just by saying God is perfect. What is preventing God from being mean?

Nothing is, but I have yet to see any evidence or reason to believe that God is mean.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
the final bahamut 8 years ago#112
So am I going to get an argument with those pictures and jokes or are you just forfeiting?
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.

User Info: Retrotastic

Retrotastic
8 years ago#113
Nothing is, but I have yet to see any evidence or reason to believe that God is mean.

As long as you ignore much of the Old Testament anyway.
the final bahamut 8 years ago#114
You mean to say that you are backpedaling because your argument cannot progress forward?

No, I mean to say that anytime I take more than babysteps, you lose your footing.

Yes, I am aware of that. It's quite amusing to see someone who preaches logic so much, being so intellectually dishonest.

1) I don't make a habit of preaching logic.
2) Where am I being intellectually dishonest?

Yes, it's entirely possible that God could have just placed holes in his lies so that we would spot them, and come to the conclusion that God does not exist.

My conclusion has never EVER been that God doesn't exist, and you saying that is a clear indication that you are talking through your rectum.

It's also entirely possible that God is just a huge troll that is constantly messing with us, but there's absolutely no basis for any of these possibilities.

That's a discussion for another date, because otherwise you'll spin so much I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself.

Now: Knowing that God can be many things, can we examine what actually goes on and thus come to conclusions about God?

That's because you live with your eyes tightly shut. I'm not saying you'll see them with your eyes open, just that living like you do you'll never see anything that contradict with your internal beliefs because you'll never actually look. Even now you refuse to read what I actually write.

long as you ignore much of the Old Testament anyway.

Actually no, it's when you want to claim that God ISN'T sometimes a jerk that you have to ignore OT. In the OT, God is the source of EVERYTHING. Both Good and Evil.
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
8 years ago#115

I highly doubt these people you speak of have done anything. Have they changed their
lives for God?

Yes.

The people we are talking about are people who cried out for God with all their heart and all their being and in return heard nothing. This, however, will not sway you. Do you know why? Because you subscribe to the answer of the thoughtless and the unthinking. Of those who refuse to examine their own beliefs. Regardless of what you're told, you will continue to assert that they didn't want it hard enough. Even if we show you the tears in their eyes, you will assert that they should have cried longer. If we show you the despair in their hearts as they told their families they did not believe, you would mock it.You lack the will to use the thoughts your God gave you.
You lack the compassion and understanding that was the virtue of your alleged saviour. And where else is the compassion but in the heart, which you deride as sinful?

Thank you for defending people like me against this idiocy
Cyclops has never beaten Wolverine
We Three Kings- The Miami Heat

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#116
Retrotastic posted...

As long as you ignore much of the Old Testament anyway.

That would be more meaningful if it didn't come from someone who regularly demonstrates and ignorance of the bible.

the final bahamut posted...
No, I mean to say that anytime I take more than babysteps, you lose your footing.

That would be more meaningful if it were true.

1) I don't make a habit of preaching logic.
2) Where am I being intellectually dishonest?

Backpedaling is intellectually dishonest.

My conclusion has never EVER been that God doesn't exist, and you saying that is a clear indication that you are talking through your rectum.

I never said that was your conclusion. Try to not put words in my rectum.

That's a discussion for another date, because otherwise you'll spin so much I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself.

Great rebuttal.

Now: Knowing that God can be many things, can we examine what actually goes on and thus come to conclusions about God?

It depends. Do we, for the sake of argument, assume the bible to be the Word of God?

That's because you live with your eyes tightly shut.

Ahh yes, the old "If you don't agree with me, then you're just too ignorant." fallacy. Proof by "common sense", we can call it.

Just because you say it's obvious, does not mean it is. You'll have to do better than that.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: ledzepfan15

ledzepfan15
8 years ago#117

Confirmation bias.
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro
the final bahamut 8 years ago#118
That would be more meaningful if it were true.

So far you've lost track three times in this topic.

Backpedaling is intellectually dishonest.

And where was I backpedaling?

I never said that was your conclusion. Try to not put words in my rectum.

So what exactly were you trying to imply here:

"Yes, it's entirely possible that God could have just placed holes in his lies so that we would spot them, and come to the conclusion that God does not exist."?

Because we were talking about me suggesting we could be able see through God's lies.

Great rebuttal.

It's not a rebuttal, it's putting it aside. If you want we can take that talk, but I'm only going to take that talk if you behave like an adult.

It depends. Do we, for the sake of argument, assume the bible to be the Word of God?

Aaaand lost your footing again. Let's reiterate: If the Bible is the Word of God - sake of the argument, let's assume so - does that mean that it's entirely true, or does it simply means that these are the words God said?

Ahh yes, the old "If you don't agree with me, then you're just too ignorant." fallacy. Proof by "common sense", we can call it.

No, this isn't based on this topic, it's based on how you ALWAYS behave.

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#119
ledzepfan15 posted...

Confirmation bias.

I don't think you have any idea what that actually is.

User Info: Ivashanko

Ivashanko
8 years ago#120
I was going to write one final response, but then I realized I wouldn't likely be around to answer any response after that. My apologies- I am forced to step out of this debate.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. An honest question to Christians:
  • Topic Archived