This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I think the May 21st Rapture could happen.

User Info: AceAwesome96

AceAwesome96
8 years ago#41
Seriously, if you people ACTUALLY read the Bible, you (hopefully) should come to the conclusion , that, this event WON'T happen!
In fact, in the Bible (I don't remember the verse), it says that ONLY GOD KNOWS THE DATE AND TIME OF THE RAPTURE! So, using LOGIC I conclude that, this will NEVER happen!
I can't believe that you people use the Bible to support this May 21 event, when they clearly contradict each other!
---
Don't bother reading this. There is no sig here.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
8 years ago#42

http://web.me.com/lorenmadsen/endings/pick_a_year.html

Wont lie.

That website is awesome.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: squareandrare

squareandrare
8 years ago#43
I think one thing we can all agree on is that Jesus is coming back soon.

I can't believe no one else commented on this little gem.

I hate to break it to you, TC, but we're not all fundie eschatologists.

I want you to acknowledge right now that you won't rationalize the belief when the world doesn't end. I don't want you pointing to a random 5.0 earthquake or some military affair that happens to occur on May 21 as being a sign of the end to come.

I'm going to make it my personal goal to keep this topic from getting purged in the next month. So very, very rarely do religious people make claims that are actually testable, and I'm going to quite enjoy watching May 21 come and go.
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman

User Info: wo0ter

wo0ter
8 years ago#44
We may very well be in the last day's, but Jesus warned not to dwell upon predicting when it would happen, even he didn't know when, only the season. It's important to be prepared for it, but be careful dwelling on particular dates, it's impossible to predict a specific date.
---

User Info: CIA911

CIA911
8 years ago#45
Jesus knows the day. He is God, and he is the one coming back. Son should be son.
May 21, 2011 Judgement Day. 30 Days Left. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
8 years ago#46

Jesus knows the day.

No he doesn't. If he had known, he would have said he knew, rather than saying he didn't know.

He is God

No he isn't.

Son should be son.

Prove it.
No one posts like Gaston!

CIA911
8 years ago#47
No he isn't.

Yes he is. He calls himself the Son of God, but we know he is also God, to disagree would be ignoring many verses from the Gospels where he says stuff like "I and my father are one" and "Those who have seen me have seen the father" etc. It's hard to fully comprehend how the Trinity works...but still, Jesus is God.

Prove it.

Umm...this will be extremely difficult to do since I can't post the Greek text here. So just follow my directions on the links...

This is what the original Greek text says for Mark 13:32

http://biblos.com/mark/13-32.htm

If you go to the 18th word that you can scroll over, the word that looks like "vioc", only with some lines above the i and the o, you will see it says "a son."

They translate that verse to be:

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man no not the angels which are in heaven neither the Son but the Father

So they capitalize it in that verse.

But...if we look at another verse with the exact same word:

http://biblos.com/john/6-42.htm

If you go to the 8th word over, the one again that looks like "vioc", scroll over it, once again it says "a son"

They translate that verse to be:

And they said Is not this Jesus the son of Joseph whose father and mother we know how is it then that he saith I came down from heaven

So you see...it's the exact same word in both places, there's literally nothing different about them at all, the translators simply figured he was referring about himself there, so they decided to capitalize the S.

For the most part, the translators did a great job...in a lot of other places when you see that word "vioc" they do have the correct capital S, like when you see Son of Man...but there are some places where they messed up. I don't think I blame them for not knowing Jesus wasn't talking about himself here...however...on the flip side...with other verses in the Bible mentioning God and Jesus are the same...you would think they would know it was impossible for the "Father/God/Jesus" to know, but the "Son/Jesus/God" not knowing. If they had just gotten that one word right...maybe people wouldn't think Jesus didn't know the time he himself would be returning.
May 21, 2011 Judgement Day. 29 Days Left. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

CIA911
8 years ago#48
Also, here's something interesting I found on another site, only I think they use the Greek Lexicon.

http://www.epzfederation.com/2011/NMKprint.html

This particular part should be worth noting as well:

Mark 13:32 - "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father".

This is a very well known verse. But lets see what it actually says. "But in that day and that hour...", this is talking about Judgment Day. "...knoweth no man...", the Greek word for knoweth here is "eido". It is in the Greek Perfect Tense. Meaning that no man has known in the past & up to and including when this verse was written, the date of Judgment Day. In no way does it declare that no one will ever know in the future (which is now). "...no, not the angels which are in heaven,...", the angels also have not had this privilaged information up to this point in scripture. "...neither the Son, but the Father.". Big mis-interpretation here. The word "Son" is not originally capitalized in the original Greek manuscripts. It was capitalized by the Bible interpreters to portray reverence because they assumed it was referring to Jesus. But the "son" God is referring to here is the son of perdition - the Devil & his kingdom (rebel angels). The son of perdition (meaning utter destruction) is also called the "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3). Lucifer is called a man - the king of Babylon (Isaiah 14:12-16), wanting to sieze the throne of God. This being said, no created being has yet known the date of Judgment Day except God the Father...this includes Jesus because Jesus is also the Father, the wonderous Trinity:

May 21, 2011 Judgement Day. 29 Days Left. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

User Info: TheOlJollyRoger

TheOlJollyRoger
8 years ago#49
So if Jesus is God he sacrificed himself to himself to atone for other peoples sins? Talk about a sado masochist.
"Once freedom lights its beacon in a man's heart, the gods are powerless against him." ~Jean-Paul Sartre

User Info: TheOlJollyRoger

TheOlJollyRoger
8 years ago#50
And why would he say that he forsaked himself when dying on the cross?
"Once freedom lights its beacon in a man's heart, the gods are powerless against him." ~Jean-Paul Sartre
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I think the May 21st Rapture could happen.
  • Topic Archived