This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I think the May 21st Rapture could happen.

User Info: squareandrare

squareandrare
8 years ago#361
Seriously though, I've looked at the evidence and it appears that Christianity is TRUTH.

Care to share any of it?

And know that if your evidence is as pitiful as I think it's going to be, I am going to mock you and not feel bad about it. Don't go crying "ad hominem."
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman

squareandrare
8 years ago#362
Speaking of being biased, you seem to be fed up with Christians. Why is that? Have you been judged by a "Christian"? Did you believe in May 21, but was disapointed and later got angry? What's your problem?

I'm growing tired of 30% of this ridiculous country electing people who claim to follow their religion, then **** over the poor when they get in office.

The Tea Party has renewed my annoyance with religion. The Tea Party philosophy should be reserved to Ayn Rand-worshiping atheists. I have no idea why humanists or religious people would be ok with it.

*and I damn well know that not every Christian is in the Tea Party and not every Tea Partier is a Christian.
"Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money."
-- Leon Lederman

User Info: AceAwesome96

AceAwesome96
8 years ago#363
squareandrare posted...
What's that supposed to mean?

The only difference between the rest of the religious people and Camping is that Camping provided a way to prove him wrong. Mainstream religion is just as ridiculous as Camping's beliefs, but we just have no way of showing it.

Because it's true.
---
Congratulations! You've wasted about ten seconds of your life reading this signature!

AceAwesome96
8 years ago#364
squareandrare posted...
Speaking of being biased, you seem to be fed up with Christians. Why is that? Have you been judged by a "Christian"? Did you believe in May 21, but was disapointed and later got angry? What's your problem?

I'm growing tired of 30% of this ridiculous country electing people who claim to follow their religion, then **** over the poor when they get in office.

The Tea Party has renewed my annoyance with religion. The Tea Party philosophy should be reserved to Ayn Rand-worshiping atheists. I have no idea why humanists or religious people would be ok with it.

*and I damn well know that not every Christian is in the Tea Party and not every Tea Partier is a Christian.

Wow. I'm not trying to be mean, but, you're really mesed up. Think through it.
---
Congratulations! You've wasted about ten seconds of your life reading this signature!

AceAwesome96
8 years ago#365
squareandrare posted...
Seriously though, I've looked at the evidence and it appears that Christianity is TRUTH.

Care to share any of it?

And know that if your evidence is as pitiful as I think it's going to be, I am going to mock you and not feel bad about it. Don't go crying "ad hominem."

Hmph. Are you sure you really want evidence? You seem to be boardering on athiest...
And atiests are mostly biased.

Mock me and not feel bad... Interesting... I think I found evidence that you're a jerk.

Care to share any of it? Sure. If I had more time... Read this book. "The Case for Christ". It allows you to decide for yourself. However, you should TRY to be open-minded, or you'll NEVER reach a verdict.

Note: The evidence foe Christ often ends not just as spiritual journey but a emotional and psychological journey as well.

I hope you're ready. ;-)
---

squareandrare
8 years ago#366
You seem to be boardering on athiest...

I'm not "bordering" on "atheist." I am an atheist.

Mock me and not feel bad... Interesting... I think I found evidence that you're a jerk.

I'm really just making sure you think through this evidence that you're going to give. I'm being a jerk because you're boldly claiming to have evidence of something that requires faith. I know you don't have any evidence, but I'm still willing to hear you out. I just don't want my time wasted with terrible arguments.

Note: The evidence foe Christ often ends not just as spiritual journey but a emotional and psychological journey as well.

I'll cut you off there. "I feel it's true" isn't evidence. Evidence is something you can test. Evidence is something you can measure. I know you have faith in your religion, but you don't have a shred of objective evidence.
-- Leon Lederman

AceAwesome96
8 years ago#367
squareandrare posted...
You seem to be boardering on athiest...

I'm not "bordering" on "atheist." I am an atheist.

I'm really just making sure you think through this evidence that you're going to give. I'm being a jerk because you're boldly claiming to have evidence of something that requires faith. I know you don't have any evidence, but I'm still willing to hear you out. I just don't want my time wasted with terrible arguments.

I'll cut you off there. "I feel it's true" isn't evidence. Evidence is something you can test. Evidence is something you can measure. I know you have faith in your religion, but you don't have a shred of objective evidence.

Ah! You have it! Faith is faith! But there is evidence to back it up! I find your scientific methods quite hilarious, by the way. Prove to me you had luch today then we'll talk Friday!
Good bye!
---

squareandrare
8 years ago#368
I find your scientific methods quite hilarious, by the way.

Wow, that's quote material right there.
-- Leon Lederman

User Info: piehead678

piehead678
8 years ago#369
CIA I really hope you don't fall for the Oct 21st thing. I fell like you are starting to like the idea. You told me yourself that if he did something like this you wouldn't believe him. He's just backpedaling. Every doomsayer does this.

Sure he didn't change the date, but he did change what he originally said and this time he doesn't have any verse, math, or excuse left. The bible says he's a false prophet. It does not support what he's saying now. He has nothing left. His word means nothing.

Keep your belief in the Bible and in God, but ignore Camping.
<_<
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I think the May 21st Rapture could happen.
  • Topic Archived