• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Zeroptian Invasion
  3. Zeroptian Invasion is Playstation TV compatible
The NA version of the game works on the PSTV.
Soul cold, indeed.
There won't be a time when I'm at ease.

User Info: BanishSanctuary

BanishSanctuary
1 year ago#2
“Zeroptian Invasion doesn’t like me, and believe me the feeling’s mutual.”

If this were a formal review, that’d be my clickbait headline. It’s slightly exaggerated, but I gotta get those clicks... Not that the general populace is scouring the net for Zeroptian reviews...

So this is another easy-to-platinum (for most people) Ratalaika port, of which I’ve already played several. Before Zeroptian Invasion, the only two I’ve played that gave me a lot of trouble were InkSplosion (which I ultimately did platinum) and 36 Fragments of Midnight (didn’t platinum, but I did successfully collect all the fragments in a single run).

Zeroptian Invasion is essentially Space Invaders. You have to shoot enemies while avoiding their projectiles. You can only move left and right along an X-axis, so you can’t move up or down, and you only have to worry about what’s coming at you from above. The game gives you two lives, although you can get a shield upgrade to take an extra hit. The other two power-up types are faster movement and a faster firing rate.

To earn the platinum, you just need to beat the first seven levels (which includes two bosses along the way), die once, get any one power-up and get a score of 10,000 points (which resets when you die). Most people should be able to earn this in under 30 minutes.

I’ll fully admit that I’m terrible at this game, but I put in my time and was getting better. Once you beat the first boss in the third level, you reach a checkpoint. This was good for me because I barely scraped by that boss after several failed attempts.

I then made it to the second boss a few times, but I never came anywhere close to beating it. I probably put in another 60-90 minutes after I defeated the fist boss (I’m not sure exactly because it was spread out over several hours, and I put my PSTV in standby mode a few times). Then, the game crashed on me in the middle of one of the stages.

When I restarted it, the game had saved my highest score, but I had to start over from the first level. This completely killed all determination I had for platinuming the game. Maybe I’ll try again someday, but I really don’t feel like beating the first boss again to get to the level 4 checkpoint right now.

The only other issue I ran into is that the game would sometimes freeze for a second or two before resuming just fine. Luckily I never took a hit because of this. The one crash was probably just a fluke, since I’d easily played for over two hours in total without any other ones.

So it’s not that bad overall. The game doesn’t seem to like me because I found it challenging and because it crashed. I didn’t hate my time with it, but I’ve given up on getting the platinum. Personally, I’d recommend Super Destronaut DX instead for a better Space Invaders clone. I even had more fun with Super Weekend Mode recently. Pass on this one.
Soul cold, indeed.
There won't be a time when I'm at ease.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
1 year ago#3
I liked it a lot until I got to the fifth (Yellow) world and the game crashed. Not gonna fight through all that again just to see the Purple world and(?) the ending...

3/10, loses major points for the game crash and Ratalaika's trashy abuse of the trophy system. Won't be much of a shame when Sony finally catches on, does the right thing, and removes these poorly-optimized games and their counterfeit trophies from the store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw
  1. Boards
  2. Zeroptian Invasion
  3. Zeroptian Invasion is Playstation TV compatible
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A