• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. should i finish the fatal bullet dlc or watch the entire anime first?

User Info: JIM12306

JIM12306
1 month ago#1
I have played and completed all the previous games so far. But i finished Fatal Bullet before the dlc hit and never got around to finish it all.

And as far as the anime goes i have only watched up till the end of the Fatal Bullet arc.

And i heard that this game follows the anime series more so then the previous games.

So should i binge watch the anime before playing this? Or should i finish Fatal Bullet plus all the dlc first (I recall making a NG+ save rather then a post game save so i'll have to start from the beginning)?

I will eventually do both but i want to play this game asap so i am just wondering which i should prioritize?
PSN - JIM12306
pawn - Jill Level 181 Ranger

User Info: StrangeJourney

StrangeJourney
1 month ago#2
The anime is pretty fun and related to this game, FB isn't. Go for the anime.
John Cena for Musou Stars.

User Info: TheOneAndOnly44

TheOneAndOnly44
1 month ago#3
The game timeline is different from the anime timeline, and some of the events of the FB DLC make it seem like there'll be some tie-in with Lycoris (or at least, a following game. May not be Lycoris exactly, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't Lycoris). So I think FB DLC is the correct answer, but if you don't enjoy the game or something I don't think you need to.

User Info: MrStrikeFreedom

MrStrikeFreedom
1 month ago#4
The games follow their own story. From Infinity Moment/Re:Hollow Fragment to Lycoris. If you want the full story, play all the games. (Re:Hollow Fragment, Lost Song, Hollow Realization, Fatal Bullet (Not counting the trash Accel World one))
"I am mad scientist, so coooool, you summa bish!"

User Info: TeddieSage

TeddieSage
4 weeks ago#5
I thought this game followed the anime's first Alicization season "faithfully". Does that mean the Gameverse timeline is ignored? There's no mention of Strea, Kureha, Premiere and other characters from what I've seen so far in the streams. I guess Fatal Bullet is the last game from the Gameverse unless they decide to somehow bring those characters through DLC expansions.
PSN: TeddieSage

User Info: Phadin

Phadin
4 weeks ago#6
The game is fairly faithrful to the first half of Aliczation during chapter 1, though all the scenes with the character unique to the game are new, and some of the otehr details do change as a result. It hits all the major points though.

User Info: ManjiSTP

ManjiSTP
4 weeks ago#7
TeddieSage posted...
I thought this game followed the anime's first Alicization season "faithfully". Does that mean the Gameverse timeline is ignored? There's no mention of Strea, Kureha, Premiere and other characters from what I've seen so far in the streams. I guess Fatal Bullet is the last game from the Gameverse unless they decide to somehow bring those characters through DLC expansions.
Any sign of Kizmel?
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. should i finish the fatal bullet dlc or watch the entire anime first?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A