• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. There is a version 1.01 update

User Info: Secramor

Secramor
4 weeks ago#11
Okay, 4 hours in. How do you rate it thus far? @King_Z

User Info: cryingfox20

cryingfox20
4 weeks ago#12
Do we know what the fps is on the game?

User Info: Xylymphydyte

Xylymphydyte
4 weeks ago#13
How's the performance? Improved from the videos we've seen so far? And is there obvious options for PS4 Pro support?

If it runs poorly it might be worth setting your console to 1080p mode if you usually run in 4k mode and seeing if that changes performance as well.

I'm really iffy on buying Alcatraz Licorice on consoles if it runs that poorly, but my friends who are likely to play it will be on PS4 so it's a tossup.
"What's your sign? Cancer? Well isn't that a happy coincidence," Said the insensitive oncologist to the patient.

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
4 weeks ago#14
lonelywolf23786 posted...
Hi did you get the preorder costumes with the game?
Mines just arrived in the UK but I don't see a code for the preorder costumes whatsoever.
I ordered from thegamecollection website and not sure if they send a code via email to me or not.
Thanks

I have to wait for release to unlock the costumes but that's in under 2 hours here. You should be able to get a code on release day.

Secramor posted...
Okay, 4 hours in. How do you rate it thus far? @King_Z

Locations look fairly unimpressive but the character models seem sharper. I'm enjoying it but some quests are easier to track what you need on the map than others.

cryingfox20 posted...
Do we know what the fps is on the game?

I heard it was 30fps but dipped a lot. PC version is better for that.

Xylymphydyte posted...
How's the performance? Improved from the videos we've seen so far? And is there obvious options for PS4 Pro support?

If it runs poorly it might be worth setting your console to 1080p mode if you usually run in 4k mode and seeing if that changes performance as well.

I'm not having any jarring performance issues not already covered. I see no Pro options.

Romans 10:9

User Info: lonelywolf23786

lonelywolf23786
4 weeks ago#15
I'm playing on PS4 Slim and the FPS is not too bad. I didn't see any major dips in frame rate. You may notice it slightly but doesn't affect my enjoyment.
One thing I can say is that the loading times can take up about a minute or more after watching a event cutscene which then cuts to another cutscene. A example is when Eugeo cuts the tree down then long loading time to another cutscene

Xylymphydyte
4 weeks ago#16
Good to hear I guess, at least on the performance being within reason. I kinda wonder if the A. the beta had no pro support and B. the day one patch cleans up a lot of the troubles.

It won't be available here digitally for another 7 and a bit hours so I'm sure we'll all know more by then.
"What's your sign? Cancer? Well isn't that a happy coincidence," Said the insensitive oncologist to the patient.

User Info: dexter1984

dexter1984
4 weeks ago#17
Some Twitch streamer is saying that it dips to 15 fps on a PS4 Pro with no way to choose between framerate and visuals.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousAbstruseTardigradeUWot

Xylymphydyte
4 weeks ago#18
dexter1984 posted...
Some Twitch streamer is saying that it dips to 15 fps on a PS4 Pro with no way to choose between framerate and visuals.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousAbstruseTardigradeUWot
Ouch, that's pretty rough, though it sounds like PC isn't having the best of times either. It's out on Steam and lots of reports of various issues. It might just be a sloppy release.

Edit: Havian is having a decent time with it apparently on PC:

https://youtu.be/J7t7LeQzjWI

User Info: GensoGremio

GensoGremio
4 weeks ago#19
I'm finding the frame rate drops to be kinda annoying so far, I'm not that far in but there's been a few spots where you can really notice, the first place I noticed is the first area, when you're directly looking towards the starting town you can see the frame rate take a dive.

Kinda disappointing, don't remember any frame rate problems on hollow realization.
"Don't blame me, Blame yourself or god!" - Delita, Final Fantasy Tactics.

User Info: satat317

satat317
4 weeks ago#20
GensoGremio posted...
I'm finding the frame rate drops to be kinda annoying so far, I'm not that far in but there's been a few spots where you can really notice, the first place I noticed is the first area, when you're directly looking towards the starting town you can see the frame rate take a dive.

Kinda disappointing, don't remember any frame rate problems on hollow realization.
Yikes looks like they never learn and are trying to bank off the season 2, scum!
"I'm a shapeshifter..... chained down to my core.
Please don't take off my mask... my place to hide."
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. There is a version 1.01 update
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A