• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. Am I spoiling myself by watching the anime?

User Info: Vithar

Vithar
4 weeks ago#1
Never played SOA games but I did watch SOA and SOA 2. Super interested in this one.
I'm watching Alicization now but wondering if I'm spoiling the game? does anyone know when the game takes place?
After War for the underworld?

Thanks!
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360 ~ Wii: VitharU

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
4 weeks ago#2
Yes to a degree but 1) the game audience is SAO fans and the game will no doubt go into extra details / have deviations, and 2) if you play the game first you'll be spoiling the anime.
Romans 10:9

Vithar
4 weeks ago#3
King_Z posted...
Yes to a degree but 1) the game audience is SAO fans and the game will no doubt go into extra details / have deviations, and 2) if you play the game first you'll be spoiling the anime.

lol good points! thanks

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
4 weeks ago#4
Forgot to mention, the anime an adaptation of the canon so is fine to watch first. The games tend to follow a sort of parallel universe changing some very significant events.
Romans 10:9

User Info: MasterGraiden

MasterGraiden
4 weeks ago#5
The game follows episode 1-24 of Alicization but also includes game only scenes.
Then after episode 24 the game goes to an original storyline instead of War of The Underworld lets call that story Alicization Lycoris.

So watching the anime will spoil the first half of the game but not the second.
"Are signatures meant to be amusing, comical, nonsensical or completely original? Oh well I can never decide."
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heivrach

User Info: lbrown103

lbrown103
4 weeks ago#6
It seems to follow the anime more, but considering the achievements have been leaked and from what I have seen, it looks like it the game follows the alicization anime up until the defeat of the first parts antagonist, then goes back to the gameverse story, but thats just my theory.

For those who don't know Hollow Fragment, Lost Song, Hollow Realization, Fatal Bullet all follow a gameverse story rather than the actual anime and theyre connected.

Vithar
4 weeks ago#7
sounds good guys thanks!
already in War of the underworld so a bit late but I'm OK with what you guys are saying.

So first SOA game for me :)

User Info: Jer_TC

Jer_TC
4 weeks ago#8
I'm mostly concerned that there are no trophies or gameplay showing Yuuki. I really liked the 'she lived' aspect of the gameverse.
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

User Info: Haseo8

Haseo8
4 weeks ago#9
Jer_TC posted...
I'm mostly concerned that there are no trophies or gameplay showing Yuuki. I really liked the 'she lived' aspect of the gameverse.
I would say don’t give up hope just yet. It is said the original characters from the games won’t be because they believe they don’t believe they have much of a place in the story, but there’s always dlc, and there is expansions planned. We’ll have to see. I
Trails of Cold Steel IV can't come soon enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. Am I spoiling myself by watching the anime?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A