• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. Video showcasing weapon types.

User Info: PdzJoe

PdzJoe
1 month ago#21
MasterGraiden posted...
Man they said it followed the anime up to this point but thats a lie the Administrator is supposed to be nude how disappointing 0/10.
/s
Its kinda funny because shes actualy like that in memory defrag.

These games have a history of adding enemies as team members so I'm hoping shes at least playable.

User Info: LiNkTrIfOrCe

LiNkTrIfOrCe
1 month ago#22
omgseal posted...
oh good. more canceling bulls***. that stuff is pretty much the reason the last 2 major SAO rpgs were a problem for me. the window looks slightly more generous here but id rather not have it at all. id prefer mechanics based fights rather than having to focus on timing my attacks correctly

I don't know why people complain about this, Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization are perfectly playable without ever using Sword Skill Connect, it was there only if you wanted to completely destroy bosses in seconds, and it looks way less exploitable in this game.

as for mechanic based fights, the sword skills now have properties added to them, like guard breaking, juggling, downing, aggroing, bonus damage based on location, think of something like Xenoblade Chronicles or the recent FFVII Remake add to that the fact that we have a proper magic system this time and the new AI party system, people are underestimating the battle system in this game.
Signatures suck...

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
1 month ago#23
Dingydang166 posted...
I am going to be mad if there isn't dual wield daggers again. Having just one dagger looks so weird to me.
this. Dual daggers are an rpg norm SAO keeps ignoring. I loved that you can dual weild nearly anything in fatal bullet.Them ignoring daggers always felt odd to me.
Gfaqs Foxy Phantom Thief. Stealing hearts and breaking trolls.
Your unfriendly neighborhood kitsune idol.

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
1 month ago#24
PdzJoe posted...
Its kinda funny because shes actualy like that in memory defrag.

These games have a history of adding enemies as team members so I'm hoping shes at least playable.
Bear in mind that's a tutorial battle before you even start the game. Chances are quite high she'll become playable and bikinis are pretty much guaranteed so you'd be able to get her pretty close. What I can guarantee is you won't be able to play as her nude.
Romans 10:9

User Info: PdzJoe

PdzJoe
1 month ago#25
King_Z posted...
Bear in mind that's a tutorial battle before you even start the game. Chances are quite high she'll become playable and bikinis are pretty much guaranteed so you'd be able to get her pretty close. What I can guarantee is you won't be able to play as her nude.
I don't really care what clothes she wears I'm just hoping for a playable quinella.

I know sao games usually give you the girls but I can't say if we would have the other antagonists too.

One thing I hated about fatal bullet was the fact i couldn't play as anyone else unless I was in multiplayer. I would have liked to play as my avatar with another characters image and voice.

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
1 month ago#26
Golden rule of thumb is if the end battle is female, make her playable as part of the Kirito waifu collection, so yeah I think that will happen. It would be unprecedented for it not to. Hollow Fragment (Yuuki), Lost Song (Seven), Hollow Realization (Tia), SAO VS Accel World (Persona Vabel) and Fatal Bullet (Lievre) all did it. They do it with very few males though and we already know that Eugeo is the token guy for this game.
Romans 10:9

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
1 month ago#27
LiNkTrIfOrCe posted...
I don't know why people complain about this, Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization are perfectly playable without ever using Sword Skill Connect, it was there only if you wanted to completely destroy bosses in seconds, and it looks way less exploitable in this game.

as for mechanic based fights, the sword skills now have properties added to them, like guard breaking, juggling, downing, aggroing, bonus damage based on location, think of something like Xenoblade Chronicles or the recent FFVII Remake add to that the fact that we have a proper magic system this time and the new AI party system, people are underestimating the battle system in this game.
Don't worry. I've looked more into the game since this post. I've pre-ordered it. The cancel window seems VERY generous and there are a lot of other things at play as well. No more s***ty buff stacking as well. It's like they fixed all the s*** I didn't like about the last few games. Except the awful characters and story but that's inherit the SAO so I can't really hold that against them. Hopefully raising affinity with characters isn't tedious as f***. Hated that s*** in HR. I think the battle system looks pretty promising. I just hope that fights are well balanced and are just triggering chain burst damage, rinse repeat. We shall see!
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"
  1. Boards
  2. Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
  3. Video showcasing weapon types.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A