• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. BLM Issues Statement Regarding the Ongoing Trial of Jussie Smollett
shnangyboos 5 months ago#41
WOMANpukumaru posted...
Parody doesn’t really work here because I’ve seen people unironically say that.

This is true. Even now they'll still say no one wants to abolish police, and will likely insult the person saying it, and act like it's completely ridiculous to believe anyone is suggesting it.
How's my posting?
Call http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182361-human-resource-machine for any comments or concerns.
The Sock 5 months ago#42
Red XlV posted...
Just because they don't always lie doesn't mean they should be trusted to be telling the truth this time.

@Red_XlV C'mon man, there was video showing Jussie and the two guys rehearsing the whole thing, and then Jussie goes on the stand to say that the whole thing was not a hoax. I've seen plenty of your posts over the years and I know you're way smarter than to believe Jussie's story.
Sit-up champion of the 27th century.
#BlackLivesMatter #IStandWithUkraine
Red XlV 5 months ago#43
Never said I believe his story, just that I don't trust the Chicago PD.
"We will end our resilience for bad things." "We have pioneered the fatality rate."
More brilliant insights from Donald Chump
The Sock 5 months ago#44
Red XlV posted...
Never said I believe his story, just that I don't trust the Chicago PD.

Ah gotcha. @Red_XlV
shnangyboos 5 months ago#45
So the narrative is that the police lie, so we can't believe them on this, in support of an obvious liar. About the consistency I'd expect. And if it had been true, and two racist magas had been arrested and charged, the truthfulness of the police would never be called into question.
How's my posting?
Call http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182361-human-resource-machine for any comments or concerns.
WOMANpukumaru 5 months ago#46
shnangyboos posted...
This is true. Even now they'll still say no one wants to abolish police, and will likely insult the person saying it, and act like it's completely ridiculous to believe anyone is suggesting it.

Yup. That’s what I was addressing.
Because MANpukumaru is ALL WOMAN!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32dKkBw8Dis
The Sock 5 months ago#47
BLM does indeed want to abolish the police and they've made no secret about it. But it doesn't mean what you might think it means.

It doesn't mean they think there should be no policing at all. They know that there are always going to be bad people who do bad things and that they will always have to be dealt with somehow. "Abolish the police" means they want to abolish the current policing system that was built on systematic racism and rebuild it from the ground up.
shnangyboos 5 months ago#48
The Sock posted...
BLM does indeed want to abolish the police and they've made no secret about it. But it doesn't mean what you might think it means.

It doesn't mean they think there should be no policing at all. They know that there are always going to be bad people who do bad things and that they will always have to be dealt with somehow. "Abolish the police" means they want to abolish the current policing system that was built on systematic racism and rebuild it from the ground up.

I don't know. They said "in an abolishionist society this trial would not be taking place". What exactly is their justice system and how will it work? And what exactly is an "abolishionist society"?
How's my posting?
TheChariot 5 months ago#49
I do believe that Sussie SMALet lied about the hate crime. I also never trust police and probably wouldn't convict Sussie over this.
Red XlV 5 months ago#50
I'd vote to acquit him because the MAGA crowd want him convicted.
"We will end our resilience for bad things." "We have pioneered the fatality rate."
More brilliant insights from Donald Chump
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. BLM Issues Statement Regarding the Ongoing Trial of Jussie Smollett
  • Topic Archived