• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Senate rejects bipartisan bid to stop $650M Saudi arms sale
Rayman2943 1 month ago#21
Kicksave pretends to care about human rights jn Afghanistan when he is really just embarrassed the US lost.
Broseph_Stalin 1 month ago#22
the Assad simp calling other people bad lol
CoyoteTheGreat 1 month ago#23
Rayman2943 posted...
Kicksave pretends to care about human rights jn Afghanistan when he is really just embarrassed the US lost.

The idea of supporting "human rights" kind of goes out the window the second you support not just a nation engaged actively in genocide, but another one engaged in apartheid. Being a nationalist itself is in contradiction with the idea of human rights anyways though unless you live in f***ing New Zealand or something, and even then I'm not really sure because even some of the more innocuous countries in the world like Canada have really s***ty and evil nationalists defending all sorts of undefendable garbage.
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata..
Rayman2943 1 month ago#24
No. The point being the people who claim to support wars because of human rights are usually just western chauvinists who are upset because westerners aren't going to rule the world starting this century.

Halo_Forever 1 month ago#25
ClayGuida posted...
Explain how blowing up school buses full of children is somehow in our best interests?

It isn't, but this deal is for surface-to-air (the busses aren't flying) and air-to-air missiles (the busses aren't flying). Out of all the arms deal with the Saudis this particular one is not going to kill people in Yemen.

Now if we were talking about all the other arms deal with Saudi-Arabia, then fair enough.
1337toothbrush posted...
You are a bad person and you should feel bad.

This might have some more teeth if it didn't come from a Kim Jong-Un/Assad fanboy.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
TheChariot 1 month ago#26
EthanSilver posted...
I mean, I'm sure voting Red would lead to it being different, right? Plus all that extra good stuff they bring....! I'll vote Red now, for sure... /s

That's not the gotcha you think it is in honest debate about our s***ty two party system.
I mean, we're supposed to be voting for the good guys, right? But the last 5 years have proven there are no good guys in the United States government. Just power-hungry and money-hungry sycophants.
The Others are out there! Conservatives do not think right! They are anti-vax, anti-mask, and anti-social distancing. The pandemic has killed 800,000 Americans!
TheChariot 1 month ago#27
-Kicksave- posted...
Just because Saudi is bad in Yemen doesn’t mean I oppose arming them against Iran.

Plus I want that sweet, sweet, Saudi oil so my weekly fill up isn’t $80 =P
Confirmation that despite his populist rhetoric, -Kicksave- does indeed not qualify as a human being.
The Others are out there! Conservatives do not think right! They are anti-vax, anti-mask, and anti-social distancing. The pandemic has killed 800,000 Americans!
TheChariot 1 month ago#28
Broseph_Stalin posted...
Because it has no support from Republicans or Democrats. Selling defensive weapons to Saudi Arabia lets them intercept the constant missile attacks launched from Iran and their proxies. Without that the Saudis would be forced to escalate the conflict and conduct offensive campaigns which would just lead to more civilian casualties.

People in power actually have to make decisions. They can't just sit around saying "this is bad".
Right, because if any country deserves protection from missiles, it's the one that chopped up a journalist and stuffed his body into suitcases.
Rayman2943 1 month ago#29
Because the people in power have made such great decisions on foreign policy in the last 2 decades.

Holy s*** broseph
dermoratraken 1 month ago#30
Broseph_Stalin posted...
Without that the Saudis would be forced to escalate the conflict and conduct offensive campaigns which would just lead to more civilian casualties.
Iranian imperialism in Yemen is how the whole thing kicked off in the first place. I don't think people know that... nor anything else about the conflict or the region in general.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Senate rejects bipartisan bid to stop $650M Saudi arms sale
  • Topic Archived