• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. When does Asian Activism cross gender/racist lines and become misogynistic/racis
Ranzoh 1 month ago#1
It seems to be that when Asians, men in particular stand up to racism, they are labeled as mens rights activists, misogynists, or anti-minority that eventually upholds white supremacy. Is it to the point that anti-Asianism does not matter? Actually, those fighting anti-Asian racism ARE the problem according to these folks that hop on the MRAsians bandwagon.

Can you imagine a black person saying, oh you're being too anti-white, or are being too pro-black. Of course not, but they laud what other minorities do what Asians do as well but are faulting Asians for fighting issues related to white supremacy.

It's funny how the media uses women and blacks as battering rams against Asians. People, the majority in particular, skillfully USE feminism against other minority communities to stigmatize the men and divide the racial community on gender lines.

You see, men of color who fight for their own dignity are problematic and categorized as MRA or toxic. Maybe someday Asian racism will be considered as serious as anti-blackness and anti-semitism, but we are not there yet. We have started movements like StopAsianHate and articles against us have not surfaced during Covid-19, knowing that they would receive blowback if published during Covid, until now, now that movements like SAH has died down. Some journalists just cherrypick examples and provide a distorted image of the racism Asians face in America.

They use minorities like Eileen Huang to distort the viewpoints of Asians, even said that Asians deserve the racist violence they face. Older white males would love articles that play to the "whites aren't the only racist" trope in order to focus attention away from the point people of color are trying to make. So are we really upholding white supremacy when we are discussing issues to dismantle it? So, it can be a little confusing when Asians, men in particular, are to blame when Asians discuss that issue.
Will_VIIII 1 month ago#2
Pretty early to be intoxicated dude
"Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words." - Proverbs 23:9. Antivaxxers are objectively stupid people.
lolife67 1 month ago#3
As someone who isn't Asian, can you give some actual examples of what you're talking about?
Will_VIIII 1 month ago#4
lolife67 posted...
As someone who isn't Asian, can you give some actual examples of what you're talking about?
Also this
"Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words." - Proverbs 23:9. Antivaxxers are objectively stupid people.
ArchHero 1 month ago#5
Ranzoh posted...
People, the majority in particular, skillfully USE feminism against other minority communities to stigmatize the men and divide the racial community on gender lines.
You mean like women claiming their phones are stolen by minorities and then magically finding it in their purse? Saw two unrelated news stories of this elsewhere.
Will_VIIII 1 month ago#6
ArchHero posted...
You mean like women claiming their phones are stolen by minorities and then magically finding it in their purse? Saw two unrelated news stories of this elsewhere.
Can you explain how that was feminism?

I've watched the video as well.
lolife67 1 month ago#7
ArchHero posted...
That has nothing to do with "feminism," so I would hope that isn't what TC means.
ArchHero 1 month ago#8
lolife67 posted...
That has nothing to do with "feminism," so I would hope that isn't what TC means.
Maybe instead of deflecting you should sympathize with minorities harmed by white women who dislike them.
lolife67 1 month ago#9
ArchHero posted...
Maybe instead of deflecting you should sympathize with minorities harmed by white women who dislike them.
I'm a black American so lol on this.

Also, I see your understanding of the word "deflection" is on par with your understanding of "feminism."
ArchHero 1 month ago#10
lolife67 posted...
I'm a black American so lol on this.
So what? Are you a black male, and why does this disqualify you from being ignorant on this topic? It's not like every single male gets female racism.

Also, I see your understanding of the word "deflection" is on par with your understanding of "feminism."
You obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. When does Asian Activism cross gender/racist lines and become misogynistic/racis
  • Topic Archived