• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Keith Olbermann faces backlash for linking Michigan shooting to rightwing
Cowboys97 1 month ago#1
Keith Olbermann has been accused of politicizing Tuesday's Oxford High School shooting in Michigan, which left three students dead, by appearing to connect it to Barstool Sports and Donald Trump.

In a tweet overnight Wednesday, the sports and political commentator highlighted the alleged shooter's mother reported support for former President Trump.
Quoting a tweet by Barstool Sports that paid tribute to 16-year-old victim Tate Myre, Olbermann wrote: "This kid died to stop a school shooter whose mother echoed the Trumpist Fascism of" before tagging Barstool Sports and its president, Dave Portnoy.

Keith Olbermann Linking Oxford Shooting to Dave Portnoy Sparks Outrage (newsweek.com)

I'm a hardcore centrist Independent, but Olbermann has to be careful what he says. He probably hurt Tate's family with this statement.
Avirosb 1 month ago#2
The people who rage out over this care more about the optics than the shooting itself.
sorryantivaxxer dot com
CoyoteTheGreat 1 month ago#3
Cowboys97 posted...
I'm a hardcore centrist Independent, but

Lmao, no.
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata..
ai123 1 month ago#4
Cowboys97 posted...
I'm a hardcore centrist Independent

And amateur comedian.
'the ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently' ~ David Graeber
Humble_Novice 1 month ago#5
Whose alt is TC's?
BadDecisions 1 month ago#6
Maybe if more people called it out, "regular" conservatives would be too ashamed to rub shoulders with fascists.
TonyKojima 1 month ago#7
It should be politicized. Its the only way to work for change.
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
gogues 1 month ago#8
I mean he doesn’t seem to be wrong
Pwnisher248 1 month ago#9
TonyKojima posted...
It should be politicized. Its the only way to work for change.
How's that been working out so far?
Avirosb 1 month ago#10
Pwnisher248 posted...
How's that been working out so far?
Poorly it seems, since a lot of the country violently oppose change.
sorryantivaxxer dot com
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Keith Olbermann faces backlash for linking Michigan shooting to rightwing
  • Topic Archived