• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you think the 2024 presidential election will be a repeat of Trump vs. Biden?
slk_23 1 month ago#1
Will the 2024 presidential election have the same candidates as 2020? - Results (19 votes)
Yes
47.37% (9 votes)
No
52.63% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Biden has already stated multiple times that he will seek re-election in 2024, so that makes him the incumbent by default. As for the Republican side, I have a hard time believing that Trump won't want to run again, considering how he's still crying about the election being "stolen" from him. Besides, he has such a fanatical following in his party that probably nobody else could gain that same level of support.

So assuming both men are still alive by that point, are they who we're getting in 2024? The oldest person and the second-oldest person to ever run for president, and we're getting a redux of them four years older? Or might things actually change around a bit in the next three years?
http://i.imgur.com/5ldCA.gif http://i.imgur.com/tvXx8Bh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nAJVH.png https://i.imgur.com/H5jMv6k.jpg
Hoodroar 1 month ago#2
If neither of them pass on (and Trump isn't arrested), probably.
sigless user logic
DK DeathKnight 1 month ago#3
Most likely, as much as I dont think Biden should and will seek reelection, lets say he does, so he is the incumbent. Trump is basically the Republican Cult Leader at this point, so if he decides to run, its almost guaranteed he will be the candidate. So to answer the question, it is likely.
Currently retired from Gaming due to Life.
Kai_Laguna 1 month ago#4
If the repub nom isn't Trump, I feel like the dems will have no choice but to field someone other then Biden to have a chance of winning. The general public is far too dumb to not swallow all the lies blaming Biden for all the supply and inflation crap hook, line, and sinker. So him nabbing a re-election is going to be a real uphill battle.
He might be able to coast on being not-Trump if the cheeto bullies his way into the nomination again however.
PhilBuck 1 month ago#5
Very hard to say. 2024 is a LONG ways away. Any number of things can happen between now and then. Age, for one thing. It would be a 78-year old vs. an 82-year old. Yes Biden, at 78, won last year. And it's possible that Trump could win at 78 too because, whatever else you want to say about Trump, he shows endless energy and enthusiasm. His disadvantage would be that he's lost almost all of his communication platforms, or they've bombed so bad that he's abandoned them a month in. And Republicans like Glen Younkin are beginning to distance themselves from Trump and still win in elections. So Trump's beginning to lose some sway with voters.

Biden's disadvantage would obviously be his age. And even if he doesn't have complete control over how the pandemic goes, he does have some. COVID is literally the biggest humanitarian crisis in living memory. And if Biden is able to steer us back to normal life, that's a HUGE feather in his cap. He's able to get down and dirty like he did in the past, saying things like, "Republicans hate Democrats more than love the country." He also has public and financial backing of people like Elizabeth Warren and Barack Obama.

But again, that's 3 years from now. Obama first got national attention at the '04 Convention and became President 4 years later. A LOT can happen.
"How crazy is it when politicians are a joke and comedians are taken seriously?" - Will Rogers
Pwnisher248 1 month ago#6
Hoodroar posted...
If neither of them pass on (and Trump isn't arrested), probably.
Trump won't be getting arrested, but the jury is out on whether or not either of them will succumb to natural causes.
Pwnisher248 1 month ago#7
PhilBuck posted...
Obama first got national attention at the '04 Convention and became President 4 years later. A LOT can happen.
Not saying you're wrong but I never heard Obama's name until 2007-ish. I didn't follow politics either though.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you think the 2024 presidential election will be a repeat of Trump vs. Biden?
  • Topic Archived