• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I want to see more Republican infighting.
cyquatic 1 month ago#21
Azalea9X posted...
Reported for offensive.

Reported after quoting it so it can still be seen…🥴

Watch out everyone, we have genius level intellect over here.
WTGHookshot 1 month ago#22
GregShmedley posted...
It shouldn't even be that close. How can anyone support a party that has collectively embraced being terrible human beings; whose leader, as a sitting president, led an attempt to overthrow our government with likely help and compliance from lawmakers within said party?

You CANNOT consider yourself a patriot or a good person if you are a Republican. That line has been drawn many times, but there isn't a question at this point.

To the bolded, why not?

"Good"/"bad" are not universal or naturally inherent. Like beauty, they are in the eye of the beholder. So, someone could absolutely see themselves as a "good" person while being Republican if their values of "good" match the values of a Republican. Your values/morals aren't their values/morals, and their values/morals aren't your values/morals. So, while you might not see them as "good" people, they may see themselves as "good."
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."
marthsheretoo 1 month ago#23
WTGHookshot posted...
To the bolded, why not?

"Good"/"bad" are not universal or naturally inherent. Like beauty, they are in the eye of the beholder. So, someone could absolutely see themselves as a "good" person while being Republican if their values of "good" match the values of a Republican. Your values/morals aren't their values/morals, and their values/morals aren't your values/morals. So, while you might not see them as "good" people, they may see themselves as "good."

Ah but it's not that Republicans have different values, it's that they have no values whatsoever.
"Even MarthKoopa has jumped on the MarthKoopa hate wagon."
-DevsBro
Lum_Yatsura 1 month ago#24
WTGHookshot posted...
To the bolded, why not?

Republicans widely believe themselves messengers of an omnipresent deity, that they speak the solemn, infallible words of their lord.
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.
Azalea9X 1 month ago#25
cyquatic posted...
Reported after quoting it so it can still be seen…🥴

Watch out everyone, we have genius level intellect over here.

Too late to edit it now oh well.
"OBJECTION!! I find that objectionable."- Miles Edgeworth
TurnLeftHere 1 month ago#26
Rayman2943 posted...
Yeah. It makes me laugh when people here stick up for Liz Cheney. Nah. Let them destroy each other
The fact that the same wing of liberals sticking up for Liz Cheney sent out Trump to take over the GOP in the first place makes this even funnier.
https://twitter.com/turnleft_here
ERfollower 1 month ago#27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkhRR7WtJQ
https://i.postimg.cc/TYjQDCPx/gamefaqs-has-a-liberal-bias.png
https://i.postimg.cc/vmgH62DL/another-example-right-there.png
WTGHookshot 1 month ago#28
marthsheretoo posted...

Ah but it's not that Republicans have different values, it's that they have no values whatsoever.

Everyone has values. You couldn't live without values because they are what direct our actions in life. Deciding to eat is an indication of a value: it means you value your life enough to supply your body some form of nourishment.

So, they have to value something. Maybe it's something like making as much money as possible or having an enjoyable life or looking out for themselves or whatever, something that you would consider to be a different value (or not valued at all), but to them, those could very well be their values. All humans have values.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."
Lum_Yatsura 1 month ago#29
WTGHookshot posted...
Everyone has values. You couldn't live without values because they are what direct our actions in life. Deciding to eat is an indication of a value: it means you value your life enough to supply your body some form of nourishment.

So, they have to value something. Maybe it's something like making as much money as possible or having an enjoyable life or looking out for themselves or whatever, something that you would consider to be a different value (or not valued at all), but to them, those could very well be their values. All humans have values.

If you want to get pedantic, then yeah it could be said they value xenophobia, overturning elections, theocracy...
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I want to see more Republican infighting.
  • Topic Archived